Question for Legend 40.5 Owners Re: Bilge

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
My 1994 40.5 broke a through hull. It's the bilge discharge. It appears the access is behind the angled panel below the port salon aft cabinet at the corner with the galley cabinetry to the side of the liquor bottle storage.
My question is if any of you have gone in there for any reason? I can't think of any other place it would be but I would like to shake the hive to see if someone else has accessed that.
Needless to say, I will be installing a S/S fitting...:cool:
Access to Bildge Thru Hull.jpg
Broken Through Hull.jpg

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
That's nasty. I've never been in there. Sorry.
Maybe you can get to it by removing the seat plywood and then going up behind the panel? That would be my first attempt.
Be sure to let us know the easiest path. I can imagine that I have 3 more years for my 1997 build to fail.....

• Ha
May 19, 2013
hunter 34 Pasadena, MD
I am in the process that you are. I have the floor panel up over the port water tank (under the table) and am trying to trace the path of the bilge discharge hose to replace it. Unfortunately, not only does it disappear inside the seat lockers (between the two compressors - frig and freezer 1995 40.5 ) But goes downward out of sight into the floor underlayment. The water fill hose and water tank air vent can be seen but not the bilge hose or thru hull. In my manual there is a general note of the through hull at that location but no clue as to how to get to it. Any help from anyone would be most appreciated. Eric Swift

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
The thru hull is actually behind an angled panel inside of the wooden cabinet that is in the upper portion of your picture. Open the door, remove the screws holding the panel inside the compartment and you'll see the bilge discharge thru hull. Now to replace the hose, you may have to do some more disassembly since it is a tight fit to try and pull the hose with all the bends To access the hose you need to remove angled panel below the liquor rack and possibly other panel pieces too. However if it is just the thru hull it is inside the cabinet behind an angled panel at the aft end of the cabinet.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
The thru hull is actually behind an angled panel inside of the wooden cabinet that is in the upper portion of your picture. Open the door, remove the screws holding the panel inside the compartment and you'll see the bilge discharge thru hull.
Great answer Dan. I have wondered about that access for years, although I have not needed it yet.