B&G Vulcan 9 to monitor engine NMEA2K

Oct 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Stratford CT
I have a Vulcan 9 from B&G and would like to monitor things like engine RMP, temp and oil pressure. I have a NMEA 2K analog to digital converter for the stock sensors and the B&G user manual lists “engine” as a data source but I can’t find that drop down menu on my until. I wrote B&G but they haven’t come back yet. Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere that turns that on as a data source? …or any other useful info.

Thanks!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
In the B&G go into settings, and tap the option for network. One of the menus there is for a Device List. That will show you all the devices on the NMEA network. One of those should be your converter. If you tap on it there will be a button to see the data coming from the device. That way you can at least confirm it’s connected and sending the right things.

One of the other options in the Network settings menu is to configure Sources. With that dialog you can tell the plotter to use the converter as the source for the engine data fields.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
In the B&G go into settings, and tap the option for network. One of the menus there is for a Device List. That will show you all the devices on the NMEA network. One of those should be your converter. If you tap on it there will be a button to see the data coming from the device. That way you can at least confirm it’s connected and sending the right things.

One of the other options in the Network settings menu is to configure Sources. With that dialog you can tell the plotter to use the converter as the source for the engine data fields.
Once you follow @Davidasailor26's advice you may need to go to an instrument page and use the edit function to specify the source.