Beneteau 35s5 Rudder Bearing

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
To Drop your rudder, you must pound out that Pin, that holds your rudder in the boat.

I would suggest taking the rudder weight off that pin, by blocking and shimming under the rudder
Or use a hydraulic jack the some people use to raise a car frame up.

Then pound away.
Jim...

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
After a closer look at your pin again today it appears to me that the pin has become a steel rivet on both ends. Based on that supposition my approach would be to cut each end off the pin with a Dremel tool near the surface of the cast aluminum clamp. The pen could then be precisely drilled on each end with a meticulously centered hard drill bit near the same size as the pin and then pressed out not hammered. Using a drill bit the same size as the pin would not be satisfactory unless you could get the whole assembly into a drill press.

• Helpful

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
After a closer look at your pin again today it appears to me that the pin has become a steel rivet on both ends
Only on the back side is it flared.

Thus he need to pound it out from the side shown on my annotated picture above, with no weight on the rudder.

Once out, save that pin.

Jim...

Apr 29, 2012
Beneteau 35s5 bristol ri
I had to cut the steering arm because the pin was completely frozen. Now I need to find that tie rod end. It's not showing up on Beneteau's website. Can anyone help me find one. Or what the spefications are?