Cheap Fuses/Breakers be careful!

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
My brother found this in a zip lock bag near the door to my shop. Inside it had the business card of a guy we built a 250A alternator for in the spring of 21. Curious, I gave him a call. Apparently he purchased this breaker off Amazon when he had a 120A alternator. He had installed it near the alternator end of the circuit (wrong location). When he upgraded to the Amp-It 250 he forgot it was there and installed a 300A MRBF at the LiFePo4 bank ( correct location). Fast forward to last week. His LFP bank was low and his alt was pumping out about 230A when he noted a bad burning smell. It took him two days but he found the issue..
This breaker never tripped at the 200A rating and instead nearly burned his boat.. Always stick with quality fuses /breakers from reputable manufacturers such as Blue Sea Systems, Bussman, Littelfuse, Mechanical Products etc not some cheap junk off Scamazon!

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
There appear to be many brand name items for sale on Amazon that are really counterfeits although carrying good brand names. Seems to be a standard business model in China.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
There appear to be many brand name items for sale on Amazon that are really counterfeits although carrying good brand names. Seems to be a standard business model in China.
Lots of folks don't realize it but Amazon is the worlds largest seller of counterfeits. In Jan my nephew got a pair of pure Counterfeit Beats headphones off Amazon.They did not care and actually sided with the third part seller... Though that listing and reseller disappeared quickly..