What Y valve do I have?

Apr 21, 2017
Beneteau 42 CC Kemah, Texas
On an overseas built 2003 Beneteau Oceanis 42 I'm doing a complete sanitation system overhaul and looking for parts for my wye valve but can't find a make of it. I've attached a photo and was looking for help in identifying. Thanks1644419183757.jpeg

1644419183757.jpeg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I looks like it's reached the end of its life. I wouldn't waste the time on it but would invest in a modern one. That "Y" valve will likely be the most inexpensive thing in the entire overhaul. Seen the price of sanitation hose lately ?

Apr 21, 2017
Beneteau 42 CC Kemah, Texas
I kinda alre
I looks like it's reached the end of its life. I wouldn't waste the time on it but would invest in a modern one. That "Y" valve will likely be the most inexpensive thing in the entire overhaul. Seen the price of sanitation hose lately ?
I kinda already decided that I was going to replace it. You're right about the hose. I was going to go with the lesser expensive stuff but after reading this forum this morning I've decided to bite the bullet and go the Raritan Sani Fresh route. I don't want to do this job again for a loooooooooong time and doing what I can to maximize the effectiveness of the system.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
DS. I feel you have made a wise compromise. I agree with @Ralph Johnstone's assessment of the existing valve. It may have been a top of the line install. Parts may still be available form overseas. But do you really want to wait for them to arrive. When you get it out you may find that it is all ok and just clean it up and reinstall. Just have a plan to locate a new one.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
When you get it out you may find that it is all ok and just clean it up and reinstall. Just have a plan to locate a new one.
Good suggestion. Only possible fly in the ointment may be that the location of the wye connectors on different valves could be in different places, thus affecting the new hoses.

Good luck.