Mast Step

Jan 25, 2016
O'Day 28 CB Leech Lake, Walker, MN
thanks so much. Going to boat tomorrow, will get a picture. Great ideas and info, thanks again.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I need a mast step for my C & C 25 Mark I
Contact South Shore Yachts.

South Shore bought all the parts, drawings etc. for the original, true, C&C boats when the C&C factory had the fire.

The marine museum in Kingston Ontario now has all the C&C drawings. Cuthbertson was part of the effort to archive everything and the museum evidently makes them available.

Worst case,..A good aluminum welding/fabrication shop should be able to make one if they can take measurements, and you have a reference photo of a mast step from one.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions. Here's a photo of the damage. Boat was sailed at least for 4 years like this. Maybe the repair is not needed, but I'd feel a lot better knowing it was. Thanks again.
Pete

Attachments

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Damage doesn't look bad at all.
It appears that only a small flat section is missing. Easy enough to weld a new piece of aluminium there and drill a new mounting hole.

I would just take it to a welding shop and have them repair it. Much easier than finding a replacement.

Did you call South Shore ? They may be able to send you photos of what the unbroken part looks like.

Semi strange looking mast step.
Looks like the mast sits over top that and the halyards run into the sheaves/roller to turn 90 degrees to go vertical up the mast ?

Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for the advice on the broken off loop. Yes, mast over the step, the halyards are internal to the mast, a couple blocks on deck run the lines back to the cockpit. I will call South Shore for more info.
psp

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Looks like you could have a shop weld a new section to it and attach some braces.