Beneteau 43 Main Line Replacement

Oct 14, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 43 Midland
We are the new owners of a Beneteau Oceanis 43, 2008. We have in-mast furling and now need to replace the in-haul line...Need some help calculating the length of that line with the in-mast furling. I am comfortable with splicing double braid, just need to order the proper line length from our supplier.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

Suggest sewing a tag line to the end, pull it through, disconnect it from the tag line, measure it then reverse the process once you get the new line. That is what I alway do in the absence of an accurate line length from the manual.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply. We love the new boat!!
We have a supplier for the rope and would like to order based on required length rather than measured. I can custom splice to final length.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I looked for the line length in the manual and did not find it listed. Absence of that, I always measure by replacing the existing line with a tag line that I sew each ends to, disconnect and measure and then reverse the process to install the new line.

Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for your thoughts/method. I thought there would have been a listing of standard line lenghts to make ordering easier. Have a great day, hopefully on the water.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
There should be a chart in your owner’s manual that lists all running rigging cordage diameter & length. See no reason for having to splice; you need a continuous unspliced line that will not hang up on turning blocks & sheaves. If you can’t find the chart in the owners manual, call Beneteau in Marion,SC and have them send a copy.

Oct 14, 2021
Good suggestion, however the plant in Marion is now closed/"hibernating". I'll use the international customer service contact. Finger's crossed.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
the plant in Marion is now closed/"hibernating"
The manufacturing plant is closed (sold to a pool manufacturing company last I heard), but I thought the parts department was still operating. Have you called and heard differently?

Oct 14, 2021
I have not called and tried the parts department. I will do that and post what I get.