H 19 FURLING HEADSAIL

Sep 23, 2021
hunter H-19 RAINBERRY LAKE
IS THERE A STANDARD R/F FOR AN H-19 ? I HAVE JUST PURCHASED.
I'VE TRIED TO ORDER ONE FOR MY LAST PRECISION 15 . IT WAS SO COMPLICATED TO ORDER I CANCELED .
IS THERE SOMEWHERE I COULD GET "OFF THE SHELF". SAILS AND R/F ?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congrations on your new Hunter 19!!

Is yours a 19-1 or 19-2? As long as you provide your sailboat I / J dimensions of 21' / 6.5' or 6.75' SailboatData.com - HUNTER 19-1 Sailboat or SailboatData.com - HUNTER 19-2 Sailboat, material (dacron, laminate, etc.), weight depending on wind conditions (e.g., 4 oz Dacron is suitable for light air), and size from 90 - 155% (amount of overlap or luff perpendicular [LP]), sunshield (consider Sunbrella) and requirement for a luff flattener (makes a partialled furled sail flatter in the middle. Stock headsail is likely Dacron and 100% size. If you like your current headsail sail size.........measuring the sail luff (leading edge of your sail), leech (trailing edge of your sail) and the foot. These measurements will be used to compare the measurements that you take from your rig to ensure that everything is working out well. It will also give your designer an idea of what the current sail size is.

1632404386231.png

For example, this site sells a 4 oz. Dacron sunshield, luff flattener and a couple of options in 100% - 150% one: Sail Loft (hunterowners.com)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As pointed out we need to know which boat. The early 1990’s was a water ballast and the later was in the 2,000’s model. As a dealer I introduced both boats. Thank you @sail sfbay for your advice

Sep 23, 2021
Welcome to the forum and congrations on your new Hunter 19!!

Is yours a 19-1 or 19-2? As long as you provide your sailboat I / J dimensions of 21' / 6.5' or 6.75' SailboatData.com - HUNTER 19-1 Sailboat or SailboatData.com - HUNTER 19-2 Sailboat, material (dacron, laminate, etc.), weight depending on wind conditions (e.g., 4 oz Dacron is suitable for light air), and size from 90 - 155% (amount of overlap or luff perpendicular [LP]), sunshield (consider Sunbrella) and requirement for a luff flattener (makes a partialled furled sail flatter in the middle. Stock headsail is likely Dacron and 100% size. If you like your current headsail sail size.........measuring the sail luff (leading edge of your sail), leech (trailing edge of your sail) and the foot. These measurements will be used to compare the measurements that you take from your rig to ensure that everything is working out well. It will also give your designer an idea of what the current sail size is.

View attachment 198516

For example, this site sells a 4 oz. Dacron sunshield, luff flattener and a couple of options in 100% - 150% one: Sail Loft (hunterowners.com)
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE. I NEED TO FIND OUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1AND 2?

Sep 23, 2021
My 19-2 is a 1995 water ballast. I'm now trying to figure out how and where to install a new 6' Bimini.
someone years ago removed the tiller and installed a large stainless wheel. It is AMAZING ! love it, gives so much room for the cockpit. My problem is the max Bimini height is.46" to the bottom of the boom. I would like it to fold back behind the wheel so its not in the way when not using it. Mounting it so it falls behind the wheel takes away from the cockpit coverage.
Maybe I need to try an 8' ?? I'm afraid it would fold back at the same distance as the 6' ?
UNRELATED; Does anyone out there know who put this wheel on ? has anyone seen this done? It is my favorite part of my 19-2

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
I understand you frustration. I had never had a cabin boat or a Bimini before. I put the Bimini up and down three times just trying to find out which way was forward! My boom actually brushes the top of the Bimini when at rest. Bimini.jpg