Hunter 38 electric heads recommendations

Wl3175

Jun 28, 2015
Hunter 49 San Francisco
Its time to upgrade the heads to 12v freshwater flush as opposed to the manual salt water .Any recommendations as to what other owners have installed?.We bought the boat last July and i have replaced every hose in the boat amongst other things the heads is the next winter project .

May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
i can not speak for your boat, but for years i was planning to install a raritan elequance. then when i decided to pull the trigger i determined i couldnt get under the base for the plumbing. so i went with the sea era qc. it fit well with exposed hoses and has been a great addition to duality.
mike

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I have the Sea Era love it a little noises but most electric are fresh water is best for any toilet and easy to work on too .
Nick

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Fwiw, if you're debating between the Rarian Marine Elegance and the Raritan QC....there's so little price difference between the Raritan SeaEra QC (fresh water version) and the Marine Elegance (that is, if you know where to shop for the Elegance) that I'd go with the Elegance.

But unless you've decided that the next toilet HAS to provide the "push button convenience" of an electric toilet, you might want to check out the Raritan Fresh Head Raritan FRESH_HEAD Promo Sheet It's the ONLY manual toilet designed to use onboard pressurized fresh water. Available as both the complete toilet or a "conversion" that allows you to keep your existing bowl, seat and lid. You'll prob'ly want to check out the Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions (aka "owners manual") too. Raritan Fresh Head owners manual You'll want to shop for the best price, but I'm pretty sure Dave at the sbo.com store can match or even beat any other price.

--Peggie

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I got theSea Era because great job and easy to work on one joker value to replace and motoris also easy to work on.
The Elegence has 2 joker values and harder to work on and this told to me by 2 friends having that model and one had to replace it with a manual when out cruising.
My Sea Era is not fresh water model but I use freshwater with sink going into my Sea Era.
Nick

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Fwiw, if you're debating between the Rarian Marine Elegance and the Raritan QC....there's so little price difference between the Raritan SeaEra QC (fresh water version) and the Marine Elegance (that is, if you know where to shop for the Elegance) that I'd go with the Elegance.

But unless you've decided that the next toilet HAS to provide the "push button convenience" of an electric toilet, you might want to check out the Raritan Fresh Head Raritan FRESH_HEAD Promo Sheet It's the ONLY manual toilet designed to use onboard pressurized fresh water. Available as both the complete toilet or a "conversion" that allows you to keep your existing bowl, seat and lid. You'll prob'ly want to check out the Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions (aka "owners manual") too. Raritan Fresh Head owners manual You'll want to shop for the best price, but I'm pretty sure Dave at the sbo.com store can match or even beat any other price.

--Peggie
Peggie:

Will the Raritan Fresh Head mounting bolts fit into the same bolt holes as a Jabsco manual marine small bowl toilet?

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Peggie:

Will the Raritan Fresh Head mounting bolts fit into the same bolt holes as a Jabsco manual marine small bowl toilet?
NVM, was able to find a review on Hodges Marine that confirmed the mounting holes are the same:

1632330973980.png