brand of microwave to fit in cupboard above stove

Aug 22, 2021
Catalina 355 Metung Marina
I want to retrofit a microwave in the cupboard above the stove in my 355. I understand 355's sold in USA came with a microwave fitted as standard? Could anyone advise the make and ideally the model of a microwave that fits in that cupboard. I am in Australia and mine did not come with a microwave. Many thanks

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Hi, Mike,

FYI, The C34IA manages the membership of the C355 boats. The C355 group started their own Google group in lieu of accepting our invitation to join our C34 website. You can find them here:

Catalina C355 Google group link: You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catalina355@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
Mine is a samsung on my 387. Wish it wasn't there. Would rather have a cabinet.

I'll get the model # next time I'm at the boat.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I have a microwave that was installed by the PO, not an OEM because my boat was built before they became standard.
It has slowly stopped working on the high setting and is almost useless on the medium setting. It is small, too, and we have searched in vain for another new one of that size. They are hard to find, if not impossible.
I liked our microwave, which would run off our Freedom 15 I/C.

Regardless of how I personally feel about them, though, it just always seems odd to me that when someone kindly asks for assistance in finding a replacement item (of any kind) that some folks respond by saying: "You don't need one, (because) I don't."
I find that rude.
It's like being on an automobile forum and asking about a replacement Ford engine and someone replying "No, you should get a Chevy."
I fully understand forums and thread drift, but, please, think about it.
If the same guys who tell the OP he doesn't need a microwave asked about a replacement jib furler, would they appreciate it if people replied: "Nah, get hank ons."?!?

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
snip

Regardless of how I personally feel about them, though, it just always seems odd to me that when someone kindly asks for assistance in finding a replacement item (of any kind) that some folks respond by saying: "You don't need one, (because) I don't."
I find that rude.
It's like being on an automobile forum and asking about a replacement Ford engine and someone replying "No, you should get a Chevy."
I fully understand forums and thread drift, but, please, think about it.
If the same guys who tell the OP he doesn't need a microwave asked about a replacement jib furler, would they appreciate it if people replied: "Nah, get hank ons."?!?
:thumbup: Just a bunch of forum gasbags, and I too have been guilty on more than one occasion. :facepalm: Of course, we tend to believe our own opinions are more valid than someone else's.
People don't realize how disrespectful they're being when they do that, because (in our own minds) we're justifying the behavior by thinking we're trying to be helpful. (After all, the other person obviously doesn't know ;) ).

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I want to retrofit a microwave in the cupboard above the stove..............Could anyone advise the make and ideally the model of a microwave that fits in that cupboard.............
Suggest measuing cupboard dimensions then do an internet search for a compact microwave that fits. There are some compact ones 0.5 cubic feet capacity of different dimensions that might fit.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
My 07 H-36 came with a microwave and we use it a lot and my wife does have frozen foods for when
we go on 3 week cruises with our club here in SS Fl.
But on one trip our microwave did crap out early on our trip and we could have managed with out it but
we search on internet the size we needed and lucky a replacement after looking a long list.
We found a ac harwae had what we needed just a Uber ride to get it and been happy with for long time and life safe on our 3 week cruises with our club and wife very happy and happy, wife happy life boating for3 weeksv

Aug 22, 2021
Hi, Mike,

FYI, The C34IA manages the membership of the C355 boats. The C355 group started their own Google group in lieu of accepting our invitation to join our C34 website. You can find them here:

Catalina C355 Google group link: You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catalina355@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en
Great Stu

thanks for the information
regards
Mike

Aug 22, 2021
My 07 H-36 came with a microwave and we use it a lot and my wife does have frozen foods for when
we go on 3 week cruises with our club here in SS Fl.
But on one trip our microwave did crap out early on our trip and we could have managed with out it but
we search on internet the size we needed and lucky a replacement after looking a long list.
We found a ac harwae had what we needed just a Uber ride to get it and been happy with for long time and life safe on our 3 week cruises with our club and wife very happy and happy, wife happy life boating for3 weeksv
Great Seadaddler. thanks for the reply
regards

Mike

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Whirlpool
Whirlpool - 0.9 Cu. Ft. Capacity Countertop Microwave with 900W Cooking Power
Model:WMC30309LB
SKU:6471357

From Best Buy, 11 inches x 19 inches and 16.5 deep.

17.6" 0.7 cu ft. 700 Watt Countertop Microwave
See More By Oster

From Wayfair
Interior
7.9'' H x 12.2'' W x 11.75'' D

Last edited: