Sailing or not

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I’ll say. When I was growing up it was the bride’s family and friends who threw bridal showers. Not the groom’s. Maybe circumstances here. No daughters of your own? When we toss away protocol one does know what to expect for a given occasion.:doh:
My wife and I have two sons, and wifey wishes she had a girl…so she goes out of here way to help. The bride and her mon were both here, along with my mom and sister and niece.

so, lots of hormone…I went to the hardware store today just to do something manly (my apologies to all of the female persuasion out there…no disrespect intended).

And yes, I am blessed that I don’t have to foot the bill for the wedding...we will help in any way we can, but the biggest burden is on the brides parents….but they have been saving up a while for the time their little girl gets married, so they are prepared I think.

Greg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like they had a blast....

Your son... Was he adopted? Why didn't he call his dad and take you to Maine?

Jan 7, 2011
The boys asked if the old man if I wanted to come along…I didn’t want to cramp their style.

besides, if I was there, I would have spent all my time looking at boats!

Cheers,

Greg

• Ha
Jan 7, 2011
Both boys made it home (Colorado and Indiana).

I got out with sister for a nice spirited sail today, so all is good!

Greg

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
As a new sailor, only on my second season, but 40 years old. I am working towards retirement in a decade or two. My biggest fear is not making it much past then, and not having time to live mt dream before age catches up to me. I have not been nice to my body over the years....

While my lake is your normal, or ideal sailing area. I do see a slight increase in younger people joining the sport, and older people returning to the sport as their lives slow down.

In 2 years I've upgraded 4 times. My 2 smaller boats went to couples in their lower 20's looking to get into the sport. This was fun as they were both seeking instruction and advice. While I am far from an expert, I enjoyed taking them for that first sail and showing them the ropes before sending them home with thier new boat. Another was sold as a seasonal live aboard with zero intention of sailing and well, one guy was just crazy and had money....

I've lived on this lake nearly 20 years, the sailing community has definently grown here.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
not having time to live mt dream before age catches up to me. I have not been nice to my body over the years....
We all have a past. It is not too late to reinvent yourself. That is if you really desire to make your dream a reality.

It is worth the effort. And look how many more sailors you can introduce to the sport.

Time is the commodity that slips through our fingers like sand in an hour glass. Then it is gone.