Beautiful work!

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I've looked at a lot of mermaid art for our boat, both outside vinyl decal types and art for the inside; most don't get the face quite right. This is very, very good. I'm impressed.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You'll have to come see her in person!
dj
I will.

most don't get the face quite right.
dLj was the ideal patron. He knew what he liked and wasn't afraid to let me know when I missed the mark. The guy has the patience of a saint. He kept saying, "It's art. I don't want fast, I want inspired."

He might have been a little too patient. Sometimes, it's good to be a little pushy. The result was that I took the project with me to Puerto Rico. So, she was born Puerto Rican and over a year past due.

-Will

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
she was born Puerto Rican and over a year past due.

-Will
I don't recall a "due date".

I have to tell you when I put her on the boat my brother said it was perfectly suited to this boat. He thought I'd had you make it for Musetta, but when I told him no, you'd been working on it way before Musetta was even known about, he sat there mouth agape and then said something about fate... It looks like it was commissioned for this boat....

dj

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Will Gilmore your work is extraordinary.

Knowing what Dave when through to get to this moment in time makes me believe in the your brothers comment... Fate. Karma. A higher Power. Destiny

Musetta was there waiting for you Dave. It just took a bit of time for you both to find each other.

With such a start, just imagine the adventures yet to come.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
"I'm just looking at the barometer!"

Perhaps Will can design one in wood. It could show that the days are all "Fair Skys and Moderate breezes".

Then every day would be a great day to be on the water.

When in doubt just check the barometer.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
@Will Gilmore your work is extraordinary.

Knowing what Dave when through to get to this moment in time makes me believe in the your brothers comment... Fate. Karma. A higher Power. Destiny

Musetta was there waiting for you Dave. It just took a bit of time for you both to find each other.

With such a start, just imagine the adventures yet to come.
We did the sea trial today. Had 12 to 15 knot winds, it was a beautiful day for sailing! The boat sails beautifully. Really responsive, easy rudder control, it was just delightful. She's now in the water and set to travel. I'll keep her here until starting the sail up the East Coast to Maine, hoping to arrive late June to early July. I've now got to look for the best times to be at like the Newport Jazz festival and other lovely East Coast events. I think I'll have to start a thread in Destinations.

dj