Thru hull

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
I have an acquaintance who is asking what the hole through hole is below the waterline On the bottom of the hallnear the stern of his boat Is for. If I remember correctly thanks for the sink?

Attachments

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
You don’t mention what model, but on my O’Day 322, my sink drain is amid ships like in the photo...and my engine and head intake are further aft.

Greg

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Most galley sinks have 1/2 inch thru hull fittings, some are 3/4 inch, looks like a typical mushroom fitting on the outside:

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
Just ................ too ................. simple :doh: !
that’s what I would do! But it’s Not my boat. Face book post. I try to steer them to this site for real help. I used to be very active here. See my albums if interested. I wonder if o’day put an engine intake even if no inboard engine? He may have an outboard on his 25. If I remember the sink is just above the waterline starboare

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
that’s what I would do! But it’s Not my boat. Face book post. I try to steer them to this site for real help. I used to be very active here. See my albums if interested. I wonder if o’day put an engine intake even if no inboard engine? He may have an outboard on his 25. If I remember the sink is just above the waterline starboare
Understand. But you said the thruhull is near the stern of “his boat” so you might want to suggest he look himself rather than rely on guesses.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I used to be very active here.
Yes I remember you well. Hope you haven't done anything impetuous like selling your boat. It's either that, or you've achieved perfection on your boat and have no further problems. If so, please share :biggrin:.

Nov 5, 2013
oday javelin trailer
If you can’t trace the tubing then use a low pressure air pump like a foot bellow style for inflatables to put air through the thru-hull then you can go to the cabin and listen for the hiss to locate the item that is associated with it.