Gauges!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
New gauges at night with LED illumination. Note that it appears brighter and fuzzier than IRL, because of camera exposure. The panel above and to the left is for anchor, steaming, running, and foredeck lights. The circuits that are green are energized, and those that are red are not. When this picture was taken the steaming and running lights are on, but the engine is off.
This panel is not distracting at all, and almost as bright as the instrument panel.

View attachment 190413
Very nice :thumbup:

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Thanks, glad to hear they're not too bright - looks nice.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
BTW - the matching Faria tachometer with hourmeter is catalog number is F32834, model number TD9102. Description is "Tachometer with Hourmeter (4000 RPM) (Diesel) (Mech takeoff & var ratio alt)" The gauge size is - "4-inch gauge with a 3.375" [85 mm] mounting hole." This seems to me that it would fit, but someone else will have to measure to confirm the dimensions of the existing gauge.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Nice! What's the bubble in the middle of the gauges on the right. Or is this an underwater picture? He He:laugh:

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
Nice! What's the bubble in the middle of the gauges on the right. Or is this an underwater picture? He He:laugh:
That is the cover for the key switch. It should be standard with the (optional) Admiral Panel. You can see it in the closed position here in this picture from Westerbeke;

AdPnl.JPG

Aug 11, 2011
That is a cool idea. My panel is an original Universal with glow and start buttons, key hole, amp and temp gauge only. The fuel gauge is exterior to the panel. I wonder if there is a cover for my set up.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Here is a photo of the new panel that will be going into my boat soon. It is taller and wider than the original so need to cut some fiberlgass :sosad:. Hopefully it will be a little easier to see the gauges since they are sitting lower in the panel than before. The switch is so I can turn off the oil pressure alarm while warming the glow plugs/starting so I don't have to hear the buzzer. I'm now thinking of adding another switch to control the gauge lights. The new housing is from Moyer Marine, I don't love it but I didn't find any other suitable ones out there:
newPanel.JPG

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
From the manufacturer's specs, I bought mine from defender, they indicate which ones are appropriate for diesel and which ones are for gas:
The tachs that go to 6000 rpm are generally for gas, does the one in the picture work with a diesel?

Aug 11, 2011
It is working, how ever the needle has hesitation when starting at low revolutions. It has an adjuster on the back that has three stages, if I remember correctly. I might very well have the wrong unit, therefore my rpm reading is off. I think I might look into getting a 40x100 unit like yours.