Hunter 28.5 Identifying fixture aft of Jib/Genoa winch

Jun 18, 2020
Hunter 28.5 Baltimore
I have some photos of what remains of a fixture I found aft of my Jib/Genoa winch; this fixture is behind each of the winches. Any best guess would be appreciated.
IMG_2720.jpg
IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_2724.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
It does not look functional. I would remove them and fill the holes as described in this youtube video entitled "Getting Rid Of Old Screw Holes In Fiberglass".

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
They may be the attachment points for a "Wheel Pilot". Over time they wear out and are discarded/stored for future repair. Can you contact the seller?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
They may be the attachment points for a "Wheel Pilot". Over time they wear out and are discarded/stored for future repair. Can you contact the seller?
Maybe a tiller pilot....wheel pilots don’t mount on the coming.

But I agree, remove the screws and fill the holes properly.

Greg

Jun 18, 2020
Hunter 28.5 Baltimore
Thank you for your best guesses, and for the repair video, will be a project for Spring, Yay!

May 27, 2004
The OP seems to have a wheel.
Maybe a tiller pilot jury rigged to hold a course on a wheel???

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Looks like a wedge base plate for a jamb cleat put on backwards

Jun 18, 2020
Hunter 28.5 Baltimore
Thanks Mike. What's the set up on your Hunter 30, Self Tailing Winch straight from jib/genoa, or jib/genoa sheets through locking cheek blocks into the self tailing winches? Or another set up?

Jun 18, 2020
Hunter 28.5 Baltimore
Looks like a wedge base plate for a jamb cleat put on backwards
Thanks Mike. What's the set up on your Hunter 30, Self Tailing Winch straight from jib/genoa, or jib/genoa sheets through locking cheek blocks into the self tailing winches? Or another set up?

May 27, 2004
Ding, Ding, Ding..
I think Mike is the winner!
I don't have any jam cleats on the deck, so it didn't register.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I don’t run a spinnaker. I have a 130 Genoa. I installed Lewmar 40STs for the Gennie sheets and have Lewmar 8’s (I think) to the rear of the 40’s. I use these for Genoa Twings. Essentially they are a down haul for the Genoa sheets to change the sheets angle. I don’t have tracks/cars for the sheets so this is a way to do this. I use the system to decrease the upper twist off of the sail. Works great. The previous 40s where standard so I had jamb cleats already installed. I decided to leave them for flexibility and added two for the Twing winch’s. I very happy with the set up. It uses friction rings so you have to be paying attention when you tack because they can get whipping around.
I do a lot of single handed and my wife isn’t into sailing so the self tailing winches are money well spent. Picked them up on the WM BOGO a couple years ago.

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I think is old cam cleat base where po had a block on either side maybe spinnaker or just tweakers and po kept his blocks and cams