Newly designed outhaul deployed

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
I installed my new outhaul design and took it out yesterday. I really like it. The blocks give a 3:1 advantage. The dbl block is 40mm which is too big, I have a 30mm on order. The cleat is atop the boom allowing access from both sides and no head-bang hazard. With any wind at all the sail clears the cleat, I will keep an eye out for sail wear at the cleat and sew a protective patch if needed. I use 2 stainless rings connected through the cringle to act as a connection point and to slide through like a block.
20210130_135302.jpg

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
I installed my new outhaul design and took it out yesterday. I really like it. The blocks give a 3:1 advantage. The dbl block is 40mm which is too big, I have a 30mm on order. The cleat is atop the boom allowing access from both sides and no head-bang hazard. With any wind at all the sail clears the cleat, I will keep an eye out for sail wear at the cleat and sew a protective patch if needed. I use 2 stainless rings connected through the cringle to act as a connection point and to slide through like a block. View attachment 189793
from the looks of that bathtub ring in the background must be lake mead?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Not only keeping the faucets off, include shooing away the UFO’s that are siphoning the water out as well.

Crazy is my name!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ha