Replacing plumbing on a 302

Jan 22, 2021
O’day 302 Lake Erie
I’ve recently purchased an O’day 302 and I want to replace all of the original hoses with new, but I have a few questions.
I would like to replace the shower sump hose, but I haven’t figured out how to access it under the floor. Also the original toilet needs to be replaced, but the company is no longer in business. Is there another brand with the same footprint?
I’m sure I’ll have loads more questions as I delve deeper into this project.
Thanks in advance.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It appears that you've just joined sbo.com...welcome aboard!

What's the make, model of the toilet?
As for replacing hoses, if that includes the sanitation hoses, you do NOT want to go with the least expensive if this is job you only want to do ONCE...'cuz cheap hoses permeate with odor very quickly.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
ODay 302 Kenosha WI
I recently replaced my original hoses when I bought my 0day 302 two years ago. Not much good news. For my shower sump I had to remove the teak floor in front of the head and cut an access hole. I could not figure it out either. The teak was glued down so it did no survive. It was worn so I didn’t mind. Replaced floor but did not glue it down. Cut access panel under the ice box also to access the ice box drain hose which helped with shower sump pump hose. I still have my original toilet but to replace the sanitation hose I had to remove the fuel tank. Came out easy after empty and was able to take it home, added a clean out access to fuel tank. Tank was pretty dirty after 30 years so glad I did. Good time to replace fuel lines also. If replacing sanitation hoses check the bend radius of the hose. I purchased some good sanitation hose but could not make the bend. Not much space under the toilet. Ended up adding a 90 coming from under the toilet floor which required another access hole, not something I wanted to do. The original ribbed hose was much thinner and mine was even kinked. You might find away to pull the sanitation hose through but mine had tight bends. Good luck.

FYI. If you haven’t found it yet your rudder post has a grease zirt. Something I found chasing a leak.

Jan 22, 2021
O’day 302 Lake Erie
It appears that you've just joined sbo.com...welcome aboard!

What's the make, model of the toilet?
As for replacing hoses, if that includes the sanitation hoses, you do NOT want to go with the least expensive if this is job you only want to do ONCE...'cuz cheap hoses permeate with odor very quickly.

--Peggie
Thank you for the reply, Peggie. The toilet is a SeaLander 752.
Do you have a recommended hose that has some flexibility?
Tim

Jan 22, 2021
O’day 302 Lake Erie
I recently replaced my original hoses when I bought my 0day 302 two years ago. Not much good news. For my shower sump I had to remove the teak floor in front of the head and cut an access hole. I could not figure it out either. The teak was glued down so it did no survive. It was worn so I didn’t mind. Replaced floor but did not glue it down. Cut access panel under the ice box also to access the ice box drain hose which helped with shower sump pump hose. I still have my original toilet but to replace the sanitation hose I had to remove the fuel tank. Came out easy after empty and was able to take it home, added a clean out access to fuel tank. Tank was pretty dirty after 30 years so glad I did. Good time to replace fuel lines also. If replacing sanitation hoses check the bend radius of the hose. I purchased some good sanitation hose but could not make the bend. Not much space under the toilet. Ended up adding a 90 coming from under the toilet floor which required another access hole, not something I wanted to do. The original ribbed hose was much thinner and mine was even kinked. You might find away to pull the sanitation hose through but mine had tight bends. Good luck.

FYI. If you haven’t found it yet your rudder post has a grease zirt. Something I found chasing a leak.

Thanks, for the information, that verifies my findings. I was afraid that removing the glued down floor and pulling the fuel tank was going to be part of the job.
I do plan on replacing all of the hoses as they are questionable at best.
Where did you get the clean out access for the fuel tank?

Oct 29, 2017
ODay 302 Kenosha WI
I went with APS I believe but might be some thing better.. consider adding some pick ups for fuel polishing. I am am going back and adding those since I have the pump already.
If removing the fuel tank good time to replace water hose for head and engine. Check the wiring condition for battery also. You probably know everything runs along that tank. My first year was a pain replacing everything also.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Thank you for the reply, Peggie. The toilet is a SeaLander 752.
Do you have a recommended hose that has some flexibility?
Tim
The SeaLand 752 was an excellent toilet, but unfortunately nothing lasts forever. I recommend this one to replace it Raritan PH SuperFlush It's the current version of the tried and true Raritan PHII, which has been the top rated manual toilet since Raritan introduced it in 1983...keep it well lubricatd, replace the joker valve annually and put a rebuild kit in it every 5-6 years and it'll provide at least 20 years of reliable trouble-free service that even exceeds that of the SeaLand 752. The mounting bolt pattern is designed to be amatch for most other manual toilets, but I can't guarantee it'll be a100% match for your toilet that was discontinued in the late '80s.

As for hose...Raritan SaniFlex RaritanSaniFlex hose has proven to be 100% odor permeation resistant and has the added advantage of being so flexible that it can be bent almost as tight as a hairpin without kinking.

--Peggie