Crash. Pray for these people

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 47 NC
About 10 pm last night. Raining. We heard the crash, then silence. Sound like thunder. The creek is small and it was dark. My neighbors dock across the creek is severely damaged. I called 911 this morning. They didn’t know. I’ll post more later.
9237F835-2D8E-46DC-B81B-BE2CB54CC1C7.jpeg

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 47 NC
They went through the end of the dock
The Sheriff, Wildlife then Tow Boat. It took less than 30 minutes to flip the boat over and be on there way. Big imprint of piling on starboard bow. People ok , just banged up. Dock boards and other debris in yard of the house. More than 50 yards away.
44901659-D4B9-4096-8903-3C5A0FF0A16E.jpeg

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
The Sheriff, Wildlife then Tow Boat. It took less than 30 minutes to flip the boat over and be on there way. Big imprint of piling on starboard bow. People ok , just banged up. Dock boards and other debris in yard of the house. More than 50 yards away. View attachment 185362
Very lucky! Over driving the conditions seems a common human failing. It seems to happen almost daily, on the water, on the highway and in the air. As a species we can be slow learners.

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
Here on LOTO you are required to have a blue light on your dock these days....
It still happens though.

Years ago at my old house they were working on an island and had a temporary service dock set up on the back side where I could see it from my back deck. They had no lights and it was a high traffic area for people in the cove. I bet 5 boats hit it in the dark rounding the island on their way in and out in the dark.

It's a hell of a noise when they hit. Most were drunk and tried leaving the scene. A couple boats limped to the channel and sank. Some hung up on the dock. You would here them trying to power off it to leave. It is amazing no one was seriously hurt

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Tough boat for sure, and not cheap. Some people have more money than brains. The wharf come out second best in that in counter.

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Here is an example from a few years back in my neck of the woods (Central Alberta). In this case the boats’ transom ripped off when throttle was applied. My suspicion is that the boat sat outside uncovered causing the wooden core to rot.
The boys inside had a bad day but were safely towed back to the ramp.
8900DB87-B7FF-4F72-96C1-73F066A1EB16.jpeg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Wow, that is a “major imprint”! I am equally impressed with the line and knots used to secure the boat.
I don't know. Looks like an absolute mess of spaghetti to me.

Boat is beyond totaled.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Just hope the didn’t depend on that deck cleat to keep the boat on the trailer!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Here is an example from a few years back in my neck of the woods (Central Alberta). In this case the boats’ transom ripped off when throttle was applied. My suspicion is that the boat sat outside uncovered causing the wooden core to rot.
The boys inside had a bad day but were safely towed back to the ramp.
Also looks like a big engine for that little boat!

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
That will buff out just fine:laugh:

At least no one was hurt badly.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The boys inside had a bad day but were safely towed back to the ramp. View attachment 186176
In Post 10: Must be one of those "duck boats". They are in the new Boat U.S. magazine, too.