Catalina 310 with Schaefer 2100 Jib Furler - took apart, but can't get Stop Pin back in

Sep 24, 2019
Catalina 310 Frisco
When I took it apart to adjust the head stay, I think, (but am not sure) that the bottom furl extrusion lowered down, and is blocking the stop pin from going back in? I have tried everything, but not sure what to do?

Ideas?
Scott

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
When I took it apart to adjust the head stay, I think, (but am not sure) that the bottom furl extrusion lowered down, and is blocking the stop pin from going back in? I have tried everything, but not sure what to do?

Ideas?
Scott
When you say "took apart" what did you do? If I remember - dangerous - without sail could push extrusion
up by hand to position? Was long time ago should could be wrong.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Apr 17, 2013
Catalina 310 57 Pompano Beach, FL
When you say "took apart" what did you do? If I remember - dangerous - without sail could push extrusion

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA
Wiggle the extrusions as you push up, you can attach a line to the bottom extrusion and have someone using the winch apply some pressure. I did the same thing and found by wiggling the extrusion as I pushed up it went up.

Sep 24, 2019
Catalina 310 Frisco

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Thanks for the reply.
Wiggle the extrusions as you push up, you can attach a line to the bottom extrusion and have someone using the winch apply some pressure. I did the same thing and found by wiggling the extrusion as I pushed up it went up.
Thanks Buddybear, I will give that shot, though not sure how to get the line tied to the extrusion and up inside to be able to pull it out....

Attached is the diagram with an arrow to stop pin that is blocked from going in.

Attachments