Weatherboard stowage

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
Hello forum,

We have an '86 31' Hunter. We have had new companionway weatherboards made and I am trying to figure out the best way to stow them neatly while underway. Anyone come up with nifty ways to stow them and protect them at the same time?

Thanks!

Sean

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
Thanks Ron, I find that the Plexi boards still get scratched up under the cushion....

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
On our 356 there was a hanging bag in the lazarette with three sections. One for each board.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I had planned on making a padded bag with three compartments. I haven't gotten to it yet. Then I thought I would cut some wood pieces with slots for the boards and attach these wood pieces to the side of my companionway. Then they would be handy to stow and retrieve. I haven't done that either. So I am continuing to do what I have always done- just toss the boards on top of the aft cabin bed.

If you are thinking that I am lazy, you may have something there.

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
How about one of the bags that carry skim boards- like at the beach? Or pizza-deliery bags?
That could work...ideal if they were kept separate though to reduce chafing/scratching...

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
I made a simple bag with 3 old towels, sew them in the middle then fold it and sew the top and one side and you have a soft hatch board pocket
I like this idea a lot! Simple and protective! Thanks! I will share the finished product once I make one up!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I just saw the Nascar race finish. The pit crew had a bag like you'd carry a pizza in, but I doubt that's what they used it for. Check out the parts stores, or maybe nascar.com if they have a store?

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I have two screw eyes with a bungee cord attached to the hook eyes. I just slip my boards in there and they never move or bang around. The hook eyes are on the port side in the fiberglass below the engine compartment across from the hanging locker just aft of the nav station. Super simple and as not failed in ten years. I’ll look for a photo.

Found it look at the corner of the teak and holly and you can see the forward screw eye

5D35BD33-4E20-4FC2-B6AF-03DB758ED06E.jpeg

Last edited: