Water between inner and outer Hull

Apr 23, 2013
Catalina 22 nashville
I have a 1975 Catalina 22, and have water between the inner and outer hull from rain. Outer hull is fine, but inner has a few cracked places and holes.
Is there a way to put in a plug in the outer hull and drain this?
I can't drain it without drilling or something.
any ideas?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The only practical location may be in the transom, but the hull shape will likely not permit it to be self draining in a flat location. West Marine or a boat Chandlery will sell a metal sleeve with a sized screw expanding plug like those used in power boats. Tape the area to be drilled to prevent gelcoat from cracking then epoxy the wood around the hull and insert the metal sleeve. It should be a tight fit so pick your drill bit size carefully by the instructions. You may have to place the boat and trailer on a steep ramp to get the water out or lift up the front trailer. Do not forget every time to securely put the plug back.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I have a 1975 Catalina 22, and have water between the inner and outer hull from rain. Outer hull is fine, but inner has a few cracked places and holes.
any ideas?
I don’t understand what you mean by inner and outer hull?

I’m often wrong but I think what you mean is you have water in the bilge.

I would suggest you research this some more before you drill any holes in your hull. A leak below the water line would NOT be good.

You could use the search feature of this site or simply google Catalina 22 water in bilge and you will likely find some info that could help.

Oct 29, 2012
Catalina 30 TRBS MkII Milwaukee
any ideas?
[/QUOTE

Also curious and not sure what you mean by inner and outer hull.
With the boat on the trailer can you elevate the bow and use a shop vac and sponge out the water?

Apr 23, 2013
Catalina 22 nashville
basically what I mean is the area that is the floor under the table is a slightly raised surface, and there is water under there that I cannot get out. I may be able to get it by raising the nose of the boat and installing a transom drain, but not sure if it connects to the bilge area or not.

Oct 29, 2012
Catalina 30 TRBS MkII Milwaukee
An old post that may help

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
basically what I mean is the area that is the floor under the table is a slightly raised surface, and there is water under there that I cannot get out. I may be able to get it by raising the nose of the boat and installing a transom drain, but not sure if it connects to the bilge area or not.
I found this link via a google search. Don’t know much about Cat 22’s but it sounds like the problem you are having.