Mahalo sports newrudder

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Just got the rudder head bolted up. Looking good. So far new to me autoprop, shaft,cutlass, PSS dripless, coupling, steaming chain/wire rope. Also polish/wax hull. And fixed hole where rudder crushed some glass

Need to install quadrant and tiller for autopilot. Paint under pads.

I’ll be happy camper when I splash on Sunday

Attachments

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Also, you'll be pleased at how the stern floats higher with the new rudder. My last two boats were sagging at the stern because of water intrusion in the rudders (my picture of the O'Day is pre-new rudder, you can notice it there) - new rudders straightened them right out.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
new rudders straightened them right out.
Wait!!! Straighten Les out?!? :yikes: Nevah, please, he's too good to be true as it is! :wow3:

I'm hoping for racing stripes on the rudder.

Just returned from cleaning the green off my danged boat. I have a looong way to catch up to Les' great work.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Here is the hole I mentioned earlier. Small intrusion of water. But big hole developed upon probing with screwdriver (5 months after I bent the rudder). John on inside pushing water out hole to dry it.
C8ABABDB-AB02-4B2C-8094-3B5A5943BB81.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes... Over that past 5 months Les has wondered about the increased volume of water being pumped out of the bilge. Once out of the water the source became evident.

You never really know what damage has occurred until you inspect the boat.

You can be sure it is solid... now...