360 Vancouver Island 2020 Cruise Closed SEE 360 Vancouver Island 2022 Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Good bourbon or 18 year old rum.

We will need to provision once we get to Canada.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Good bourbon or 18 year old rum.

We will need to provision once we get to Canada.
As far as I'm concerned, all good distillates are welcome!

How many of us are on your boat now?

dj

Oct 22, 2014
We will work it out. 3 is what I know right now. Stu is still a positive which we will figure out till he isn’t. There are several boats. We can always put a hammock on the bow and rig a tent.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I'm going to have to brush up on my sea shanties. Sounds like a fun group! Oh, maybe I shouldn't do that, keel hauling is not on my list of desired experiences!

dj

Oct 22, 2014
Yes. Proper provisioning is an important factor in having a happy crew.

Now we are also advising anyone showing symptoms of a high temp, sneezing, or looking sickly will be denied boarding and referred to the closest CDC quarantine center.

Finally a reminder a current passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration will be required in order to board the boat. No more showing up with your spouses or twin sisters passport.
:)

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
What's with you guys? Y'all missed a couple fun stops: Sea Otter Cove and Walters Cove!

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Sea Otter Cove and Walters Cove!
Hi John; I've never been into Sea Otter Cove, always seen it as a place to stop if it got to bad on the way to Winter Harbour. Always stop for at least a burger at Walters Cove.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
Charts - I've been looking at various ways to acquire charts for the trip. I choked on my beer when I priced the CHS digital charts for Vancouver Island:
V-PAC-A Vancouver Island East $599.95
V-PAC-B Vancouver Island West - Haida Gwaii $599.95

I looked into Coastal Explorer. $360 for the software, plus $198 for both raster and vector charts.
1583419793888.png

Are there other options I should consider? Does anyone know if the Rose Point charts are compatible with anything else, such as OpenCPN or a Garmin chartplotter?

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
The chip for the west coast of Canada for my Lorance chart plotter was about $300 cdn. Paper charts acquired over the years have been a lot more. @jssailem will have the best answer as he's just done this.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
When I did my Princess Louisa cruise, I was able to find free on-line electronic files for Canadian charts and printed them on my large format color printer to have backup paper charts on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.