Ridiculous boat ad photos

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like a photo out of the Robin Leach show
"Life Styles of the Rich and Famous" want-a-be's."

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Click the photo and zoom in on her fingers in a close up. Phony.
OMG!:yikes: originally, I was going to write, 'a pastey-white girl in a bikini', but I didn't want anyone to feel insulted, but now, I think you're right, she's entirely fictional. No wonder she looked so pastey.

That chandelier is not even in the same spot in those two photos. It is lower in the second photo. Either it was photoshopped in or someone, just out of frame, was holding it up.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Good indicator of when you’re over powered - “Time to reef, the crystal is touching the headliner”.

As long as they’re not real candlesticks.
I think this is the correct answer...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
a real doll
That would depend... are we talking about a literal physical "doll" or are we talking about "Man she is a real doll, I'd sure like to meet her!"

First one.... Easy - Take a match light it ... Poof everything up in smoke (hollow air - no heart)

Second one.. Very hard - Need a bit of luck...touch her heart (not literally) and you can be soul mates for ever.

Nov 17, 2018
Wauquiez Pretorien Washington
She is definitely photo-shopped in. Or those are the hardest cushions I've ever seen, cause she's not making a dent in em'...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I think she is both an inflatable and photoshopped in. Her arms are way too short for a real girl and, as Tom pointed out. The hands are just drawn in.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Where's the running rigging? As someone already pointed out the entire thing is CG. Assuming the cockpit is aft, this would be very interesting to see where lines would be ran to make it functional

Great Thread @rgranger. That chandelier is priceless!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT

One girl in a bikini laying in the shade, a Champaign bottle a million dollar yacht. Looks like the definition of desperation.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Looking again. The funny thing is that it took a lot more effort (time/money) to Photoshop this than it would to make a real photo. Where did this come from? Is it a future concept rendering?

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Looking again. The funny thing is that it took a lot more effort (time/money) to Photoshop this than it would to make a real photo. Where did this come from? Is it a future concept rendering?
Future concept rendering is my guess. Nothing, except the left portion of the background landscape, is real here.

As an architect, we do this all the time for real estate developers. Create an enticing rendering of the proposed building, drop it into a site context photo, which could even be a Google Earth image, and they use it for marketing, zoning approvals and financing. I think we’ve all seen more renderings of new boat models not actually in production yet than we realize. The best ones can be almost impossible to recognize as anything other than a photograph.

Last edited: