Saluting Our Veterans

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
US NAR PO3. 1969 to 1976.
Maintenance of Radio/Navigation/MAD gear. MAD Operator for VP68 out of Andrews.

Best view on the plane was from the plexiglass bubble in the nose. The Pentagon Pilots maintaining their flight time loved to cruise off Virginia Beach sighting bikini's while transiting to and from our practice area.
View attachment 171976
P2 ??

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Commissioned 1973 - Nuclear Submarines 1973 to 1980. US Navy Reserve Engineering Duty Officer starting in 1981. Retired 1994. "It's a great Navy Day" GO NAVY.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
USN, HM2, 1975-1979, USS Yosemite (AD-19) out of Mayport, FL
Sad that most of the equipment, ships, planes etc are all museum pieces now. The USS Midway is a museum in San Diego with our Phantoms. There's one at the NAS Pensacola museum too. M14 rifles are long gone :confused:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sad that most of the equipment, ships, planes etc are all museum pieces now
:laugh:
It happens. At least in a museum it indicates there may have been some value.

I visited a Titan Missile complex outside of Tucson last month. Fun to see the fixtures and engineering to something only glimpses of images were shared in the 60's. There was the tag line "Keeping America Safe through Strength" to the images form the 60's. Thankfully the sites were never used in anger.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
The Uber/Lyft driver of the Marine Corps! snicker snicker
We point out that the Marines are a part of the Navy,. My Marine classmates reply "Yes, Men's Department of the Navy." Of course its a standing joke always over a :beer: or a shot of whiskey.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
We point out that the Marines are a part of the Navy,. My Marine classmates reply "Yes, Men's Department of the Navy." Of course its a standing joke always over a :beer: or a shot of whiskey.
But you do know that it is really the Department of the Marine Corps. Unfortunately at the time of the making of the seal, that was too many letters. So they made it shorter by saying Department of the Navy. No, really, true story. snicker snicker

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
But you do know that it is really the Department of the Marine Corps. Unfortunately at the time of the making of the seal, that was too many letters. So they made it shorter by saying Department of the Navy. No, really, true story. snicker snicker
I heard it was that the Marines were arguing whether it was the Corps or Corpse and said, "the heck with it, just call it the Navy since that is easier to spell than Marines" :laugh: (Just part of the Navy - Marine Corps banter for those of you not familier with it)

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Uncle Uncle, I capitulate. This does not mean I surrender, just capitulate. :)

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
USMC 71-77, E6, MOS 1141 & 2142, electrician & amphib tracked vehicle maintenance, dad (Navy) always said I was nothing more than a "seagoing bellhop"!

Yikes, we got a DI amongst us, no wonder he's moderator!

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Marine: MusclesAreRequestedIntelligenceNotExpected :)
Thank you all for your service....