New Hunter 260 Sails

Nov 29, 2004
Hunter 260 Lake Hopatcong, NJ
I am looking to replace my 12 year old Hunter 260 Sails. Has anyone replaced your sails? Where did you get them? Hunter or another supplier?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
There are various lofts but you can buy them too from the forum site store. If you need specific information on the lengths you will find them under boat information /Hunter resources / 260

Oct 10, 2010
Hunter H260 Gull Lake
I just got both my main and head sail replaced. I used Precision Sails. I noticed a lot of the you tube channel sailors used them so I gave them a call. Very happy. Check them out.

Nov 29, 2004
Hunter 260 Lake Hopatcong, NJ
I just got both my main and head sail replaced. I used Precision Sails. I noticed a lot of the you tube channel sailors used them so I gave them a call. Very happy. Check them out.
I wrote to Precision Sails and received a quote lots less than Hunter. They have several grades of fabric. Which one did you choose and why? Did they work ok for your 260?

Oct 10, 2010
Hunter H260 Gull Lake
I wrote to Precision Sails and received a quote lots less than Hunter. They have several grades of fabric. Which one did you choose and why? Did they work ok for your 260?
Also, they were in Canadian dollars which made a big difference with the current exchange rate. it may be even more of an advantage for Americans to take advange of their black Friday sales taking into account the huge exchange savings.

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
I’ve NOT replaced mine based on an inspection from a reputable sail loft. The sail maker inspected both my main and jib. It was his experience and recommendations that I most sought and appreciated. Based on his inspection, he assessed their current condition, estimated life remaining.... and most valuable of all, his recommendations and options. For my sails, he recommended some repairs to my main, including releasing the bolt rope and adding a second reef point. He recommended replacement if my jib UV strip. He estimated a remaining life of 8 years!

If you haven’t done so, I recommend having your existing sails inspected by a reliable sail loft and make your final decisions based on that.

I apologize in advance if my post appears presumptive. BrianW

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I've had good experience using Sail Warehouse in California. They carry new standard sails made by Rolly Tasker (and would know your sizes). As an off the shelf product, it's very good. If you're familiar with SV Delos boat on YouTube, it was Rolly Tasker they used a couple of years ago. A local loft is a great idea but you will usually pay more for personal service.