Docking

Dec 31, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Charlottetown
We have a few of the racers at our club that do this, saves from carrying fenders with them (less weight and bulk)

P100D

Jul 24, 2016
Hunter 23 Nashville TN Percy Priest lake
You can't have too many fenders, I guess, but I hate it when people don't cut off the tails of zip-ties.
LOL, my wife said the same exact thing .

P100D

Jul 24, 2016
Almost forgot. This slip is for a Catalina 22 sail boat.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
but I hate it when people don't cut off the tails of zip-ties.
When you cut the tail off the zip-tie it has a knife edge that can cut you! I never cut the tail and stay away from those that do.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
When you cut the tail off the zip-tie it has a knife edge that can cut you! I never cut the tail and stay away from those that do.
So true! Depends on how you cut it, though. You could always use the zip tie tool the professionals use.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
always have the fenders attached to the vessel. the fender chaffing on the dock, never want chaffing on the hull. docking 101
unless you just don't care

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
You could always use the zip tie tool the professionals use.
Didn't know there was such a thing and I'm sure that the electricians where I worked didn't either ( I've the scares to show they didn't). Not part of my on-board tool kit anyway. (yet) I do hate tails hanging out all over but blood all over is worse.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Didn't know there was such a thing and I'm sure that the electricians where I worked didn't either ( I've the scares to show they didn't). Not part of my on-board tool kit anyway. (yet) I do hate tails hanging out all over but blood all over is worse.
We used them in the Air Force and Boeing Vertol supplied them to us at my career job. Very handy tool. Sadly, I don't have one on board either.

P100D

Jul 24, 2016
Bend them sharply and cut with razor right at exit point they will retreat a little and be smooth. When I'm at work and find a sharp one drives me nuts and I go hunting for all of them.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
The white plastic wire ties aren't as UV resistant as the blac ones. I hope more plastic doesn't end up in the water.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
always have the fenders attached to the vessel. the fender chaffing on the dock, never want chaffing on the hull. docking 101
unless you just don't care
Roger that. Looks like some of the boot stripe was left on the first fender.