Tame Spring Cruise 2019

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
After the Extreme Winter Cruise 2019 - I’m ready for something a bit more relaxed. This trip will be bookended by two events

1) April 1-3or4 Canoe Cove at Blackstone Marine to get the standing rigging and lifelines done. The upper shrouds are almost stretched to the point of the turnbuckles bottoming out ( yes I’ve checked the step and have solid wood under the mast). Leave 3/29 to be there in time and allow for 1 day weather delay.
2) At the back end is the 2019 Roche Harbor Catalina Rendezvous May 1-5. And while I could stay a bit longer I need to get ready for 10 days of sailing a leopard 45 in Belize with @jssailem.

No real plans on between yet, but hope to meet up with @Terry Cox on his One week April adventure, then @Stu Jackson to kick around a few days before Roche.

I keep this thread for photos and destinations.

Mahalo

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
While not trying to take away from an amazing experience like sailing in Belize, a sailing trip TO Belize would be incredible. I can imagine the wonderful sail along the coast all the way to Panama, then hard to port for a ride across the countryside in the company of giant ships. Suddenly, you're in a whole different ocean.

I'm jealous and excited to follow along. The diving is suppose to be the best in the World. :thumbup:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH

My wife says, "Don't be pining for an invitation, you can't go.":(
She knows me so well.
Have fun for me.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes. With a trampoline connector. So you get the benefit of the sleeping compartment, a head, and an exercise space between. Really wonderful.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Note Tame is an opposite of Extreme......,
Sounds like a great trip.
Is it cheaper to get the standing rigging in BC vs US? I seem to remember the owner of that 45' Halsey Herreshoff talking about it.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
7.5 hours Everett to Barlow Bay. Chilly until about 11 when the sun warmed things up a bit. Actually broke out sunscreen and hat.
CC366E10-F52B-47AB-B408-7E0829D7D72F.jpeg