Show us your boat name!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Nope.

Harry Potter, both the books and the movies, were a big thing in my house with the kids growing up. Pre-ordering the books as they came out, same with movie tickets on opening weekend. The Seeker is a fast and nimble member of a Quidditch team. Colors are for House Gryffindor. My daughter especially liked the idea, even at 21 when I bought the boat. ;-)

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Nope.

Harry Potter, both the books and the movies, were a big thing in my house with the kids growing up. Pre-ordering the books as they came out, same with movie tickets on opening weekend. The Seeker is a fast and nimble member of a Quidditch team. Colors are for House Gryffindor. My daughter especially liked the idea, even at 21 when I bought the boat. ;-)
Ah, my son would have known! I did read the 1st four books and watched a few of the movies Now, I'm left wondering if J.K. Rowling listened to The Who? ;)

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
It sounds a little like you hesitated to post your picture, but the name would indicate otherwise. :poke:

That's funny because that's what the Old Man says he wants on his headstone. He also wants pallbearers dressed in black to solemnly carry his ashes in a shiny sliver garbage can to ceremoniously dump them at the town dump. So...o_O

-Will (Dragonfly)
I was hoping for a great under sail shot but my phone didn't possess one and I am alas at work so my options few! Would the headstone be at the dump as well?

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Well, I have two. Tehani is a Polynesian name meaning Caress. wass on the boat when I got it, and deserved to stay after 40 years

Necessity was named by my ex wife,. She penciled it onto the boat and told me she had named it. I ask about it and she informed me "well, it IS"

View attachment 162008

View attachment 162011
I should point out that the dinghy on Necessity is named Invention

Necessity is after all the Mother(ship) of Invention :)

Jan 5, 2014
Balboa 8.2 trailered
When I acquired my present sailboat, I asked my wife if I could use her name. She didn't say anything for a while, and then she asked me if I would name it what she wanted to. Being married for 67 years, I said yes. What she named it was '4 Sail.' (Not 'for sale.') And so we named her.

Attachments

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Tom,
I’ve mentioned this before, but there’s something about your pictures that really makes them unique. Even this picture, which should be boring, has a certain pop to it that others don’t have. What do you do to make them special? Or are you even aware that yours are special?
Thanks, Kermit. I live in a beautiful place, that helps. Many boats have stunning lines and shape to photograph, I think I may have an eye that finds the better angles?
Rockport Marine.jpg