Update

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
'It just sucks,' she says. 'I want to sail, and I want to live on a boat, but I am traumatized.

Seriously? I think Amazon is missing the boat (no pun intended) You can buy pretty much everything else there, why not a life?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
And yet another beat up and abused boat gets abandoned in a boat yard in Florida. :(

Remind me to never go sailing with these folks, or driving, or walking...

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
At least 2 questions spring to mind.
1) How many idiots, watch their youtube channel and get "inspired" ?
2) What "jobs" do they have ?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
They seem like the kind of people who'd be in the...medical...business.
Next will be their apartment fire from an over-heated grow light.
I suspect they are lucky they never left the coast or we'd be reading about the navy having to rescue them after five months adrift with their dog and fighting off giant sharks who attack their boat.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Conning your way through life on the generosity of folk living life through voyeurism on the internet.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Ah!
Conning your way through life on the generosity of folk living life through voyeurism on the internet.
They are providing a service some people find worth paying for.

I'm okay with that. It's just reality tv without the production crew, the writers, the corporate contracts...
The consumer is buying direct from the actors.
I get it now. COOL!
(Take that,exploitative corporate pigs! You can shove your contracts and trademark/copyrights clauses up your:ass:)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
This is like those real estate TV shows. "He sharpens colored pencils and she trains hamsters 3 days a week. We have a budget of 1.2 Million." Jeez

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I just can't follow this story anymore. Completely and utterly clueless. They will eventually subsist entirely on the government dole or silly people that extend this nonsense.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The consumer is buying direct from the actors.
Will. That is fine with me. I support a local theater company that produces excellent work. Local actors and enjoyable productions.
I love to see street performers doing fantastic stuff or singing, playing entertaining music.

This couple strikes me as cons playing on the good will of others then living a champagne life till they go broke. Then generating another "oh my boat is broken" scheme and playing the heart strings for more "give me money" antics.

PT Barnum was attributed to have said "There is a succor born every minute". But he was a "Showman" in my book. You were invited into to the big tent and you knew you were going to experience real and illusion. The quote is more likely to have been uttered by a famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar Joe") Bessimer.

This couples antics feel more like Bessimer than Barnum, and so not of interest.