Probably better plot for that program, "I almost got away with it" :biggrin:

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Evil is out there in the world.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Should not have taken pictures of the crime scene, kinda damning if you ask me......

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
What a horribly sad story.
It's funny how I went back and reread that story 3 times and found some new paragraphs of information each time.
So, he's from England, married to a US citizen and was arrested for stealing $100k of coins over a year ago, after he called the USCG to rescue him from a boat he appears to have scuttled himself. He reported his wife missing, but didn't report any efforts to find or rescue his wife, even just calling out to her. The murder charges are being brought over a year later and he has been allowed to plead down to manslaughter, to which he confesses. That all of it, besides some details about how he may have scuttled the boat?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
It reminds me of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, except that murder was perhaps justified.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Being found in the raft with the coins doesn't look good for him. And what is "Luggage." Maybe that's just non-sailing press using non sailing language. Or was it a ditch bag? Crazy story. The video states that the catamaran was overturned. Uhm. The women was not found in the vessel. If it was overturned then opening the escape hatch would be an effort to survive - not a scuttle. No one described the damage to the hull "From the inside." This guy doesn't appear to be a good guy. He pled to a crime. But I don't think this story is nearly told. I don't know why someone would have a child with a women, then go on a cruise with her intending to kill her and lose an expensive sailboat in the act. Ponderous.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Columbo get's sea sick. Turn it over to McCloud.
I think we need a forensic scientist. How about Quincy M.E.? CSI before CSI. Oh wait, we don't have a body.
Then,

Who is that guy? I'm sure he's a GREAT detective.
:cool:

-Will