Times Up?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Never heard of poached oysters
Hi James, by poached I mean to place all the shucked oysters (usually a couple dozen here) in a fry pan, add enough milk to not quite cover the succulents, one large pat of butter and some pepper. Bring the mix to a light boil then shut off, they're done. Stir the contents slowly a couple of times as you heat the mix. More of a blanch than a poach.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
add enough milk to not quite cover the succulents, one large pat of butter and some pepper.
That is the beginning of Oyster Stew.
Add a 1/2 teaspoon of this to the mix.
https://www.cajungrocer.com/zatarain-s-concentrated-shrimp-crab-boil-482.html
Also available from WallyMart and Amazoom.
________
green M&Ms for dessert. :biggrin:
Ok, where is Phil, bring back the War Room!!!

We all know it is BLUE M&M's that does the trick. Greens are for discarding or for kids.;)

World Chef and Oyster Lover...
Jim...

PS: I use to make the "paint" for the white M&M's on the melt in your mouth, not in your hands candy.:pimp:

Dec 25, 2000
Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but as age creeps by health seems another one of those mundane things that needs periodic maintenance checks much like the oil in the engine. Last time I had a PSA test was 2000. Normal then. Had blood work done a few weeks ago, results just appeared and my PSA level was 1.0. Woohoo! Normal range is 0.0 - 4.0. Colonoscopy last done in 2000 as well; clear then. Next one scheduled for this coming Monday, 12/31. Hope all is clear. Looking forward to drinking that delicious GoLytely stuff followed by an explosion, er something like that.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The prep is worse than the bite.

Good news Terry on your number.

Dec 25, 2000
Gawd The Drink is worse than the procedure or “prep”.
Sort of like having a baby. After 18 years you kinda forget how unpleasant it was. Course never had one here, but I'll let you know in a day or so how unpleasant the stuff. I do remember I was awake during the procedure, but whatever they had me on was quite surreal. Some might call it la la land.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I was awake for first and out for the second. I don't mind shxxxx my brains out, but drinking that stuff got worse and worse --- and I had two different prep's -- the salt is the worst.

Dec 25, 2000
I was awake for first and out for the second. I don't mind shxxxx my brains out, but drinking that stuff got worse and worse --- and I had two different prep's -- the salt is the worst.
Nice avatar. Looks like Seattle in the background.

Oct 22, 2014
Yes nice new avatar. Looks like he is pointing at the space needle.
Then I blew up the image and it is evident he’s just trying to hold on, stand erect on the boat.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Yes, good news on the PSA.
Had my last colonoscopy couple of years ago. Prep was something like a weak lemonade and very mild affects. Not bad at all.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I am the king of colonoscopies. Been having one every 3 years since age 40. Colon cancer gallops in my family tree. So far just a few polyps. Wife says it's because I'm full of sh*t and need to be emptied every 3 years. I think the doctor has a thing for me.

Oct 22, 2014
How in the daze and fog of the procedure can you possibly remember the temperatuer of hands.

During my “procedure” they rolled me on my side, fed me drugs, laughed about something (probably my tight ass), then I was recovering and being told that everything was finished. No recollection of the experience after the drugs.

I was told 10 years... now they have poop in a bottle. Not sure if it is as good as the look see method.

Dec 25, 2000
Just got back from my colonoscopy. Doc removed three small polyps that he will send to the lab for diagnosis. Awake and watched the entire procedure. Eerie in there. Small amount of bleeding when he snipped the one polyp. Otherwise, back home enjoying the high. Very nice and thorough staff. Hopefully, the result will come back negative.

Unlike the time to wait for novocain to deaden the tooth, this stuff was immediate. It seemed like just a few seconds when she said that she was letting it flow in that I could feel it.Then they inflate the colon with air in order to insert the probe/instrument. Two hours from check-in time to back home. Nice job.