O'Day 322 gooseneck question

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Was looking at my gooseneck the other day (Z-Spar, O'Day 322) and was wondering if I had a problem. It seems to me that there's a spacer on the vertical portion on the left that may have slipped downward and is now creating an angle and a possible stress point. Any thoughts? Should the piece laying on the cotter pin be up another 1/2" or so?
IMG_0861[1].JPG
IMG_0858[1].JPG

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Mine looks a bit different...

Since these pix were taken, I added a reefing hook in the top whole.

Could you tack be putting enough strain on the boom neck to bend it?

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

Apr 28, 2005
Oday 302 Lake Perry, KS
Mickstr:
From the pics it looks like you're missing the spacer/nylon(?)bushing that Tally Ho has under the gooseneck. That would raise the gooseneck I think. (Looks like you also are missing the top spacer/bushing that Tally Ho has on his.

Feb 22, 2010
Oday 322 Delaware River
Hi Mickstr,
My gooseneck looked exactly like yours. I put a couple of stainless steel washers under the boom portion (similar to the bushing Tally Ho shows on his rig), which lifted up the boom portion an 1/8th inch or so and stopped the rubbing on the top and bottom.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
SS might cause corrosion with the Aluminum. I think some Delrin would be better?

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I agree the possibly the missing spacer you note is the culprit....I'm going to the lake tomorrow and will take a look at mine at the goose neck....this trip assumes it will be warmer tomorrow....it is windy and frigid today. .

jcb2

Jun 5, 2012
Oday 31 Bayville, NJ
I needed some delrin bushings last year and found an listing on eBay for delrin bushings but no size was shown. Then I saw where you write to tell them exactly what you need. This fabricator in NJ then sends you a quote and if you agree, he posts it back on eBay for delrin bushings as specified by you. No one else will bid on it since they have no idea what your needs are. So you “Buy it now” for the price you were quoted. It sound complicated but it was actually quite easy and You get exactly what you need at a very reasonable price. I wish I could remember the website name to go to them directly.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
I needed some delrin bushings last year and found an listing on eBay for delrin bushings but no size was shown. Then I saw where you write to tell them exactly what you need. This fabricator in NJ then sends you a quote and if you agree, he posts it back on eBay for delrin bushings as specified by you. No one else will bid on it since they have no idea what your needs are. So you “Buy it now” for the price you were quoted. It sound complicated but it was actually quite easy and You get exactly what you need at a very reasonable price. I wish I could remember the website name to go to them directly.
Thanks jcb2. I may contact MeriMarine who has a big presence on Facebook and see if he will make some up. I'll check EBay as well.