Three Carrier Ships Together

Apr 28, 2005
Oday 302 Lake Perry, KS
That new plane on the deck (F-37?) is simply scary looking! Glad it's ours and not someone else's. And Mach 3.5!!!! Fast!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Almost lost me on the first few slides. Are the rest PhotoShopped? Those are part of a hoax that has gone around for years. They are pics from the movie 'Stealth'. As Wayne mentions, that is Jessica Biel who was part of the cast.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I here the Russians have a new AI Robot that can dance.....;)

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
'Stealth' was actually a pretty good movie. Good special effects, Jessica in a bikini, and good lessons on morality. Man and machine. Virtue. Compassion and more.
Yes it was! I’m thinking I’ll watch it today on Netflix.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Awesome photos:
Must be a bit dated. Kitty Hawk was decommissioned awhile ago and is in the process of being cut up for scrap in Bremerton. Drove by her two years ago with great sadness. Did two WESPAC cruises on her (62/63 & 63/64) with the F4H squadron the Aardvarks. Second cruise was extended by three months to provide air cover over Vietnam during the very early days of that conflict. Sigh!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
You should come down to San Diego and spend some time on the USS Midway. Weren't they sister ships or the same era?

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Weren't they sister ships or the same era?
Nope. Midway was a late WW II carrier that was significantly modified to keep her forward deployed. Kitty Hawk was one of the conventially-powered super carriers.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Just did some research. Midway was commissioned a week after WW II ended. Kitty Hawk was commissioned in 1955.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
A somewhat dated photo. Kitty Hawk was decommissioned mid 2009. She was the first and last of her class. She served from 1961 to 2009. She is still in mothballs at Bremerton, Wa.

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
Slide 6 is entertaining. Although it appears the jet is in tension, ready to launch, you can see the tie down chains still attached.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Kitty Hawk
Ok slide this replacement in the picture with this...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_George_H.W._Bush

It was a rare picture of 3 combined battle groups, not a picture of single carriers.

Most earlier Nuclear or Fuel Carriers have been decommissioned for their old style reactors or fuel burning boilers.

Old style reactors took 6 months to remove spent fuel rod and reinstall new ones.
Although the newest reactor fuel changing is classified, lets say, in a war time scenario, it can be faster than the ship's provisioning.

All US Naval vessels survive wartime better at sea, than in port.

Anchors aweigh...
Jim...