Sterling pro ultra question

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I have a custom profile for FLA bats in the CE mode. If I switch to PS mode, will I have to reconstruct the custom profile? Sterling, so far, has no idea..

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
How complex is it to reenter the FLA program mode?

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Sort of a curiosity question. I don't remember the exact numbers I used and the temp sensor changes them. I guess I could unplug the sensor and they should appear..and if it doesnt default to a std FLA profile, I should be good...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have run the standard FLA profile for the past 2 years. I am about to revisit the whole system. Just picked up a 105 amp Alternator with a Balmar external regulator. So might as well look at all of it. It just might be time to add the starter battery and ACR as well in prep for anticipated extended cruising time next year. Assuming all things go forward as currently planned.
I suspect you could drop Rod a message and ask about the issue.
What is the CE vs PS mode? Seems I read something recently about the modes but is escapes me at the moment and I don't have the manual immediately available.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
CEC mode is the “California” mode. If no loads are detected in 72 hrs, the unit basically shuts itself off not keeping a float V until the voltage gets to 12.7 V. Then it turns back on and refloats to the set float V and cycle starts again. The PS or “power supply” mode maintains the float V. It can also be used as a power supply with no battery connected. I think my numbers are correct..Manual is on the boat.