Whitby 42 tanks, where and how many

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Looking at a couple of Whitby 42s. Trying to find out where the fuel and water tanks are located and their individual capacity. I know there is fuel tank in the keel but no idea of its capacity. I know the total capacity as built, but one boat had the tanks replaced/modified.

Thanks,

Bob

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Thanks, but that just gives total capacity. I know there are three fuel tanks and was looking for their location and individual capacity. I found the Whitby owners site and along with some more digging I think I have the answer.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I'd also find the holding tank any of 'em you get serious about. If it's metal, it'll either be leaking or will be, and you'll want to make sure it's in a location that doesn't make replacing it a major job.

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
One of them has four fuel tanks, not counting the one in the keel, and four water tanks. I doubt there is room for a holding tank. Just kidding, there are two heads so I'm hoping two holding tanks to keep the hoses short.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
I'd also find the holding tank any of 'em you get serious about. If it's metal, it'll either be leaking or will be, and you'll want to make sure it's in a location that doesn't make replacing it a major job.
Good advice Peggie. Been there done that... doesn’t matter what type of metal. Mine were both stainless.