Boat name - color?

Lisa

Oct 12, 2017
Catalina 310 323 Middle River, Md
So I'm trying to figure out what color vinyl to order for our 310. Trying to match it to the blue stripe that's already on the boat. Different manufacturers use different color names. Has anyone recently re-named their 310, and if so, what company did you order the vinyl from? Thanks!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
I’d suggest choose a vendor that does vinyl lettering, and ask for samples that are close.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Our boats name was originally "Kokopelli" meaning god of fertility! Wife says we need to change the name!
went to a local vinyl lettering shop recommended by a friend, looked at colors-we also picked a blue- and script formats and had them do it and we put her name on the boat ourselves-easy process!
Name is "Anam Cara" meaning soul friend in Gaelic!

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
The local graphics shop proprietor came by and took a picture of our boat. Then we stopped by his shop and looked at a lot of fonts and colors applied to our boat on his very large computer screen. He printed several we liked and we took them home and pondered for a day or two. Called him and told him the one we liked and the next day "BareWithUs" was on the boat in the locations we wanted. West Coast of Arizona as the hailing port. I can't remember the cost exactly but less than a $100.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Boat US graphics. I sent them a picture of my original graphic that had faded to nothing. They reproduced the new graphic to match the original. I'm very happy with the results. If you send them a digital photo of your boat stripe, Lisa, they will match the color on their computer.
As a related issue, I tried several methods of removing the original graphic, and settled on the 3M rubber disc. It mounts on an electric drill and looks like it is made of pencil eraser material, shaped in a 1" thick disk. Removes the old graphic and the adhesive.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
The local graphics shop proprietor came by and took a picture of our boat. Then we stopped by his shop and looked at a lot of fonts and colors applied to our boat on his very large computer screen. He printed several we liked and we took them home and pondered for a day or two. Called him and told him the one we liked and the next day "BareWithUs" was on the boat in the locations we wanted. West Coast of Arizona as the hailing port. I can't remember the cost exactly but less than a $100.
So, is clothing still an option, or are all guests required to get in the spirit? :)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Boat US graphics. I sent them a picture of my original graphic that had faded to nothing. They reproduced the new graphic to match the original. I'm very happy with the results. If you send them a digital photo of your boat stripe, Lisa, they will match the color on their computer.
As a related issue, I tried several methods of removing the original graphic, and settled on the 3M rubber disc. It mounts on an electric drill and looks like it is made of pencil eraser material, shaped in a 1" thick disk. Removes the old graphic and the adhesive.
Those wheels aren’t as cheap as you might think. I paid $40 but it works like a charm. I finished up with acetone to remove residual residue.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Clothing always an option, it sometimes gets nipplee out. I started looking through photos to see if I had any walking away shots but they were all frontal, full monty, but they did have hats on. It would be my last post and a few women friends would be pissed at me. It is spring break here in Havasu and I probably could not get away with some of the pictures of the college girls on the channel or walking around town. The law requires pasties as a minimum on top, but they never set a law about the bottoms and these girls push it. I have to double up on my blood pressure medication during March.:ass:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Clothing always an option, it sometimes gets nipplee out. I started looking through photos to see if I had any walking away shots but they were all frontal, full monty, but they did have hats on. It would be my last post and a few women friends would be pissed at me. It is spring break here in Havasu and I probably could not get away with some of the pictures of the college girls on the channel or walking around town. The law requires pasties as a minimum on top, but they never set a law about the bottoms and these girls push it. I have to double up on my blood pressure medication during March.:ass:
Hats... ruining nude photography since 1864.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I started looking through photos to see if I had any walking away shots but they were all frontal, full monty, but they did have hats on. It would be my last post and a few women friends would be pissed at me.
Maybe just a link to a Webcam? Oh well. I don't take blood pressure meds and I don't want to have to.:badbad:

-Will (Dragonfly)