2000 H380, Marine Force 10, 3 Burner, not working

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
My stove will not light, electronically or by lighter. No evidence of gas reaching stove. Propane tank filled, valve open, 150 lbs of pressure, per locker gauge... even after several days, so no leak.

12 Volt LPG panel switch on. Propane control panel in Galley, on and lights up. 5amp fuse not lit, pushing down, does not stay...

I would think its the LPG control panel. Any ideas, anyone else solve this problem...

Regards,

Viper

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Could be a bad solenoid coil in the 12V valve.. usually the coil should be a little warm to touch if it is working..
Could be the coil or the connections going to/from it.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
place your fingers on the gas solenoid and have someone turn on/off switch. See if you could feel or hear clicking. If yes, next open up the plunger part and see if there any oil/wax blocking the gas passage.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Ken and Kloudie1, I assume when you say solenoid control cut off valve.... is it located in Trident Marine Propane control wall mounted panel with on /off switch, and fuse ( which does not react to any pressure on it) located near stove as per manual?

Regards
Viper

Jun 27, 2014
Jeanneau Moorings International 50 Everett
Viper,
No, the solenoid is in the propane locker, near the tank. Its at the other end of the wire that the switch controls, it is to cut off the propane before it enters the boat. I presume the fuse you're asking about is on the battery side of the switch, and the red light working indicates the fuse is ok. In the propane locker, you have the manual valve on the tank, then a pressure gauge, then pressure regulator, then the solenoid valve, then the tube taking propane down into the boat to the stove. The electrical connection to the solenoid valve may be bad, or the valve itself may be bad, in either case gas won't flow. Only other choices are the line is clogged (or crushed) or broken. Broken line is VERY dangerous.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Ok, found the solenoid... not much I can do with it as it is electrically operated. Need to test for current and otherwise assume the valve is bad...

Thanks very much.

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
You can check the electrical operation of any solenoid valve with a metal screw driver. When it is energized it is magnetic. Does not mean that mechanically the valve is opening though. Loosen the hose opposite where the tank is and energize the valve. Propane will leak out if the valve is opening. Can be checked with soapy water. Obviously keep sparks and flames away from loose hose connection when testing.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
It takes maybe a half-minute for gas to get to my stove. I open the larger burner as it allows more gas. When THAT lights, I turn on the smaller one foer the coffee pot. Yeah, and turn off the big burner.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Thanks you guys are a great help.... I will do that, although a screw driver in my hand has been ruled an illegal weapon in 23 states and D.C.

Regards,

Viper

Jun 27, 2014
Jeanneau Moorings International 50 Everett
If you determine the solenoid is being energized and no gas is flowing, a bad solenoid is a safe bet. Or else a bad pressure regulator. If you are mechanically challenged, it would be safer to call in a professional. For DIY, check output of solenoid as suggensted by viper, (turn off tank valve, loosen fitting, soap the area and turn on tank valve briefly to check). If no output, remove solenoid and check output of regulator. When its back together, check the system holds pressure by opening the tank valve, and turn on the solenoid. Check the pressure and turn the tank valve back off. Ten minutes later, check the pressure. If it has fallen, there is a leak that must be found and fixed. Note, this check should be done periodically, at least at each tank change.

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Well, after taking apart the control panel, playing with its "fuse", I got power to the solenoid such that when turning on control panel near stove( Trident) I get a loud click at the propane locker... still no gas to stove put do have power there.

So, now maybe a crushed or clogged hose, or bad solenoid or valve. Was never able to detect a magnetic pull of solenoid on screw driver when on.... bad solenoid?

And I need for the stove from what I can tell, new electronic ignition...

I have 2 buttons on the stove panel below the burners.... one over the other. The top one has an lightening bolt (assume for starting something), the one below is blue(assume for gas flow). Pushing either in makes no sound and they appear to do nothing. They do not stay in when depressed, have no resistance.

Any Guidance appreciated..

Regards,

Viper

viper

Jul 31, 2016
A piezoelectric sparker, most likely.
in that case, it should have resistance, and of course there is only one for 3 burners and the oven.... Usually depressing a sparker makes a clicking sound and the button is bigger.
Thanks

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
in that case, it should have resistance, and of course there is only one for 3 burners and the oven.... Usually depressing a sparker makes a clicking sound and the button is bigger.
Thanks
You're welcome. Of course, you have the manual, yes?

viper

Jul 31, 2016
You're welcome. Of course, you have the manual, yes?
Of course not and there are none online except for the 5 burner newer models. It 18 years ago...

However , I blew out the gas line and now I have gas to the burners. However ,I must light manually.

There is suppose to be an ignition box that is battery powered ( in all3-4 burner ranges- per replacement parts on line), which is wired to each burner and will light a burner when the gas knob turned counter clockwise 90 degrees and depressed and the button with the lightening bolt is depressed. I can not find and ignition box with bats, and if there is one changing batts would be a pain. I'm of the opinion, this may on the boat be manually lit only, or a 12 volt line s/b run to drive the ignition system. where ever it is...

Thanks everyone, we are at least now able to cook....

Regards.

Viper

Nov 21, 2019
hunter 380 france
Hello, on my 380 i have a force 10 three burner and oven. It's a good material. But... All the information around the button burner disapear after a hard cleaning by my wife:facepalm: . So, i try to found information on the web and i send a message to Force 10. But nothing. Perhaps one of yours with the same product can take a picture for me? Thanks in advance!!!! It's for use my oven! Just the Oven Button.

Attachments