Photo Day! Signs of summer in New England

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
And for the next week, $7.99 flat rate shipping at Hamilton.

Defender warehouse sale, less than a month away!

Feb 14, 2017
Mainecat 38 Anacortes
The Admiral and I still VIVIDLY remember Pipe Creek------no-see-ums left us battered, bruised and scratching for a lo-o-o-on-g time after we bailed out of the anchorage!

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
The Admiral and I still VIVIDLY remember Pipe Creek------no-see-ums left us battered, bruised and scratching for a lo-o-o-on-g time after we bailed out of the anchorage!
I was there in late May, had no problems. Interesting spot though, as an un-inhabited Cay

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Lobsters: They come in on this side of our harbor; the fisherman's landing - which is public(so you can watch-cover your young children's ears). An Active place often with two big bait trucks parked, that buy lobsters and sell bait.

I sort of like the smell of bait(It's an acquired taste). At least I think I like the smell up until it's been baking on the asphalt for a few hours, then I'm not so sure.

The marina has docks on this side of the public landing. Lobster boats delivering their catch dodge yachts tying up for diesel or work. And we have a 'Boat Club' on this side(a 'yacht club' would be too awkward in Rockport).

Rockport Marine bait delivery (1 of 1).jpg

The other side of the harbor is Marine Park which has 400+' of floating docks for tying up to get water, pump out, showers, laundry, load and unload. This side is all public lands. There is free lighting fast fiber optic internet throughout the harbor.

We eat the lobsters, on this side of the harbor.
Rockport Marine park lobster bake (1 of 1).jpg

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
They won't have to pay royalties for long.
I suspect that might be Mr. Lance, the founder of Defender (may he rest in peace) and that the picture is a tribute.
May you live that long and be healthy and happy until the end.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I suspect that might be Mr. Lance, the founder of Defender (may he rest in peace) and that the picture is a tribute.
May you live that long and be healthy and happy until the end.
Ayup, page 319.

Feb 28, 2013
Pacific Seacraft 40 Belfast
Hi Dave,

Here's a photo I took during a baseball game in the small village of Rafael Freyre near Marina Vita where we were staying. The players are local 20 year olds and they are very good.
Game 1.jpg

pfaffk

Mar 4, 2011
Hunter 290 Haverstraw
Spring is the time to start getting the boat ready for the season. This is from last year after spending a day sanding the bottom
20160417_155201.jpg

Jun 3, 2010
Hunter 27-3 Erie
Spring.........in the last 24 hours we have been under a gale warning, small craft warning, high wind warning, severe thunderstorm warning, tornado warning, the temperature has dropped from 60* to 23* at the house and we did just have our lake effect snow warning expire. Spring would be great.

Todd D

Jul 4, 2012
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
Spring is definitely making itself felt here on Mount Desert Island, ME. Here is a link to a video tour I did of Southwest Harbor, ME last week to show people what it looks like here in February.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Spring.........in the last 24 hours we have been under a gale warning, small craft warning, high wind warning, severe thunderstorm warning, tornado warning, the temperature has dropped from 60* to 23* at the house and we did just have our lake effect snow warning expire. Spring would be great.
Same here Craig, we just went back into the deep freeze after a week of warm, sunny weather. It tricked me into thinking it was time to start to work on boat projects. I'm back to digging around for parts to replace my exhausted exhaust.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice tour of your home Todd. It does make me wonder if the stories about brutal Maine winters have been a bit exaggerated... It looks peaceful, cold but clear and dare I say a bit warming in the sun... Almost can see the "polar bear swimmers" ready to take a plunge.

Todd D

Jul 4, 2012
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
JSSailem, well we did have 55" of snow during the ten days immediately before I shot that video. It has been in the upper 40s to upper 50 for every day since then. Of course we are forecast to have a low of 6-8 tonight.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Bundle up. Is this the time of year that legend says the most Mainers are conceived? A bit of warm weather tease spikes a fisherman's desire to visit home before the season begins?