H37C adding clutches and turn blocks

Oct 25, 2011
Hunter 37 Cutter Yankton SD
I want to move some control lines to cockpit like below pics - am guessing i will have to bolt all the way thru with backing plates inside the cabin? My H30 had aluminum plate at the back of cabin top.....i will be replacing traveler track as well.....
5861.jpg
5860.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
On my 1983 H37C, there is an aluminum plate laid up in the fiberglass around the mast partners. Not sure of the exact dimensions, but I found it there when I drilled for a pad eye for the boom vang.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
For the turning blocks at base of mast I simply replaced partner bolts with shoulder eye bolts. Then attached blocks to those. My deck organizers are bolted through with large fender washers and nuts showing inside.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
For the turning blocks at base of mast I simply replaced partner bolts with shoulder eye bolts. Then attached blocks to those. My deck organizers are bolted through with large fender washers and nuts showing inside.
Sounds like a great way to go - no new holes and right into one of the beefiest parts of the deck. Was this for the main halyard, staysail halyard?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
I only have my staysail sheet led back although I have the blocks and deck organizers mounted for the main halyard, spare halyard, and boom vang. I use the spare halyard attached to my topping lift for that adjustment. My staysail sheet doesn't go the original route but comes back past the mast to the winch on port cabin. I've been too lazy to mount the clutches and the starboard cabin winch. :(