Clear plastic protective cover for Yanmar 2GM20F cockpit control panel

Jan 13, 2014
Hunter 30 Hampton, VA
Hello, I need your help locating the OEM clear plastic cover for my 1990 Hunter 30-G Sailboat: with installed (Cockpit 2GM20F Diesel Control Panel Protective Cover)

Note: My plastic / clear cover is cracked and severely clouded, thru visibility is near zero.

(More) There is no trouble with the actual metal diesel control panel. On-line investigations describe my control panel as the : (Old B Style) protective cover with partial enclosure. There is an opening for the ship’s flip engine on switch and starter key rotation.

Thanks for you help.
Griffin

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
google is your friend on this one....... that is an aftermarket item....i can't think of the name of the vendor but i have seen them in the sailing mags advertised.......

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I don't have a photo of the 30G panel in front of me, but we have a cover coming out of fabrication Friday and I _think_ it's the same one. I sent the same reply to your customer service ticket.

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I don't have a photo of the 30G panel in front of me, but we have a cover coming out of fabrication Friday and I _think_ it's the same one. I sent the same reply to your customer service ticket.
Is that a one-off or will these eventually be sold on the SBO site? I need to replace the one on my boat as well. 3GM30F on a '92 33.5

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
We're going to stock them, starting tomorrow. :) If you wouldn't mind, please send me a photo of your current cover and the overall dimensions through our customer service system: http://shop.hunterownwrs.com/cs/

Thanks!

Edit: Hunter does not have drawings for these anymore and the photos will help us determine which models they can be assigned to.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
If you can't find one. Here's another idea from our PO. The bottom of the flap is weighted to keep it closed

Oct 3, 2014
I can measure the dimensions this weekend, and perhaps a better picture.

1992 Hunter 33.5 w/ Yanmar 3GM30F

EvelynControlPanel.jpg

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Don't bother, I can tell by looking at it that's the one. We'll have them online tomorrow or Monday at latest. Thanks for the assist!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'm pulling together a list of odds and ends to order. I may get one as well. Can't have enough protection ;)

Dec 18, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Annapolis
If you can't find one. Here's another idea from our PO. The bottom of the flap is weighted to keep it closed

I love this idea!! Put a bit of closed cell foam in and it becomes a nice cushion for stearing from the windward side!

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
Hi Phil. Just wondering if the engine panel covers are available yet. I can't find them in the parts store. Thx.

Oct 3, 2014
I've seen some models show up, but not the one I'm looking for.

In the store, shop by your boat model then look under "Power Train". The part is called an Engine Panel Cover. I see the item for your 35.5 but the site shows that none are in stock at the moment.

ETA: The photo wasn't there when I originally posted this. Looks like the part for the 35.5 is the same as the 33.5.

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Well of course, it never fails. The fabricator got the quantities wrong but that's understandable, because the product is confusing! :)

Here's what we have online now:
Engine panel cover for the Hunter 28: http://shop.hunterowners.com/hp/part.php?m=28&c=12&p=55093
Bend in the plastic is at the bottom, access cutout on the right. (This will fit other panels on other models but we don't know for certain which ones. If it fits yours let us know!)

Engine panel cover for the Hunter 30, 33.5, 35.5, 37.5: http://shop.hunterowners.com/hp/part.php?m=33.5&c=12&p=55094
Bend in the plastic is at the top, access cutout on the right.

We don't have as many of these today as we expected to get in, but we'll have more in just a few days. I recommend getting your order in because it looks our next batch will also sell out quickly.

Oct 3, 2014
Phil,

It appears as though the screw hole locations in my cover are slightly different than the locations of the screw holes in part on the website. Am I see that correctly..the top two screw holes are on the bend?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
That could well be. The next batch is coming without screw holes, so you could wait for that. I suspect that the original holes are more or less randomly placed. That said, the holes drill into an ABS box, not the hull, and it may be easier to patch the box than to drill in the plexi.

Aug 11, 2011
Hunter 336 Seneca Lake NY
They are not hard to make....use the old one for a pattern and your hardware should have the cover material in stock.
Good luck

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
but the raw materials will cost more than you can buy one already made by the time you hunt it all down and pay shipping .......why bother.....