Plexiglass Windows

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
As anyone here actually used headlight polish to clear up an old plexiglas window on a hunter sailboat?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Most "Headlight polish" is nothing more than cleaner/wax .. if the clouding is surface stuff, it will abrade it off and leave a clear surface.. I use Meguiar's Plastx (wal Mart or auto parts stores) which is a headlight cleaner.. does a fine job that lasts about 6-8 months.. For heavier crazing, you can go with a "Rubbing Compound"(coarse cut)or a "Polishing Compound" (fine cut) followed by a good auto wax ..

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Here are some before and after pictures from 2010 of the Plexi headlights on my old Mustang. They were in pretty bad shape. I thought my eyes were going bad because I couldn't see at night when at I drove. I were sanded with 600 then 1000 and machine polished with some Finess.

Attachments

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
Here are some before and after pictures from 2010 of the Plexi headlights on my old Mustang. They were in pretty bad shape...
Those old headlights look exactly like the plexi I want to clean. Tried wax, it was of little help. So, what kinds of tools do I need? Just a drill, it do I need some sort of monster grinder....

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I have a buffer from Harbor Freight that has lasted me 5 years so far. There are many threads about polishing and waxing on this site. The ones by Mainesail are particularly helpful.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
I use 400, 800 and 2000 grit sandpaper to polish off weathered headlights then spray clear lacquer. Pretty good. Learnt it from YouTube.