1981 Hunter 27 Wiring Diagram

Apr 3, 2015
Hunter 27 Chicago
I've searched the web with no luck.
I just bought a 27 that sat for 4 years with 16" of water in it and the breaker panel is a ball of corrosion. Can't figure size or part numbers for the parts on the panel. Putting the panel right above the floor is a stroke of genius (NOT).
If I can get the parts I can probably fix for under $200 but if I have to replace the panel I will have to upgrade it and move it to a new location which would be in excess of $500. I thought I'd better save the money now for the other 35 projects this boat needs.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 340 Forked River, NJ
Wiring

You can find this diagram somewhere on this web site (HOW) but I have attached it for your information. It's a little crude but that's what was available back in the 80's

Attachments

Last edited:

braol

Apr 16, 2014
Hunter 27 Rebel 16 Great Lakes Naval Base, IL
I've searched the web with no luck.
I just bought a 27 that sat for 4 years with 16" of water in it and the breaker panel is a ball of corrosion.
Outstanding! Another H27 owner. I've owned mine for about 12 years now and think it is a very stable boat and very stiff when going to windward. It may not be a J-boat, but it gets the job done!

Where in Chicago are you located? I'm in the boatyard (Larsen Marine) in Waukegan. If you'd like I could have a look and give you some tips/suggestions.

Check out the Cherubini Forum here under Hunter Owner Forums...our boats were designed by John Cherubini and are built to a more substantial standard than newer models. His son is on this forum and restoring an old H25 (Diana of Burlington blog page as well).

Welcome!

Apr 3, 2015
Hunter 27 Chicago
Hi! It's nice to talk to another H27 owner.
Right now I'm at Crowley's on the South side at 95th St. trying to come up with a plan to get on the water. I remember sailing a race once up to Waukegan back in the 90's. Really a pretty harbor. You wouldn't know the part #'s or sizes of the breakers on the panel. I'm having trouble finding the info on them and they are all shot from being under water for so long. I found the wiring diagram ( with assist) but it doesn't give sizes.

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
Hunter 27 Wiring Diagram

I have the original Wiring Diagrams, plumbing, and etc. Attached, sorry no part numbers etc. But it shows where the wires are run and to where. Perhaps that will help.

Attachments

braol

Apr 16, 2014
Hunter 27 Rebel 16 Great Lakes Naval Base, IL
You wouldn't know the part #'s or sizes of the breakers on the panel. I'm having trouble finding the info on them and they are all shot from being under water for so long. I found the wiring diagram ( with assist) but it doesn't give sizes.
Hmmm, have to get back to you on the sizes. None of them are very high amperage...no refrigerators or inverters or radar to power-up. Replacing like-for-like would be hard as the panel is ancient. Any standard new marine panel would do the trick...as well as look more modern than the faux-wood plastic that came stock...