Referral to lender for new boat financing?

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
hello,

We are looking at buying a brand- new boat and want to finance about $55,000 dollars for 10 years. Can anyone recommend a source for low rates?

Thanks!

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
IN this order:

local small bank or CU that is familiar with boats?
selling dealer?
big bank?
magazine adds, if their minimums are in your range?

BTW, painful as they may be.....rates are the lowest in decades. Think back to the 80's when mortgages were 12-15% with great credit.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think we used Trident. That was 6 or 7 years ago. You'll have to check rates now. They are a funding company and resell the note. We ended up with Wells Fargo. Service was good. They understand boats.
Go on most any boat listing website and you'll see offer, when you click on a particular listing. Yachtworld.com Sailboatlistings.com . There are many of these sites.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
If you're a member at Costco, they have a great rate through Essex Credit, who specialize in marine financing.

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
If you're a member at Costco, they have a great rate through Essex Credit, who specialize in marine financing.

Thank you! Just completed our application on line. 3.79 % for 10 years.

Sprega

Sep 12, 2012
O,day 27 Brownsville Marina
Hi Dr. Judy, glad to see you on the forum. For you who are not familiar with Dr. Judy B. She is a wealth of knowledge on sails and all things sailing. Judy, I think you know whom I recommend you get sails for your new boat from! :dance:

Gene Erps
O'day 27
"Miss Izzy"