41 Deck Salon Dinette table lowering

Jul 22, 2014
Hunter 41 DS Port Royal, SC
Hey guys, The dinette table on my Hunter 41 DS doesn't go down far enough to align with the settee seats and the results is there is a hump in the middle of the area for sleeping. Anyone experience the same thing? If so what the fix or modification? Thanks in advance, Mike (Carolina Girl)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2011
Hunter 41DS Cape Harbor Marina, Cape Coral
Hey guys, The dinette table on my Hunter 41 DS doesn't go down far enough to align with the settee seats and the results is there is a hump in the middle of the area for sleeping. Anyone experience the same thing? If so what the fix or modification? Thanks in advance, Mike (Carolina Girl)
Mike,
Our 41DS is the same. We have just sort of gotten used to it. One fix would be to add cut to fit marine plywood under the seat cushions to bring the benches up to the height of the table top. Sorry, but don't know of any other fix.
Bill
S/V Escapade

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Yes - just posted on this - also looking for a mod Was thinking to cut the posts down about 3/4 inch ???

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
On our 2004 41 AC, the center fill cushions are thinner than the bench cushions and we have no hump. It might be a lot cheaper to have the fill cushion modified.

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
Lift all the settee wooden lids before lowering the table. Table will go down further. Problem solved.

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
really good idea on the thinner cushion. I tried lowering with the seat parts up - still didn;t go down far enough,. Looked carefully at the posts and below them - no way to adjust - would need to be cut at a machine shop. Not too hard to remove them and put them back in

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
My 2009 41DS also came with the original cushion being slightly thinner.