Nike on her way

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Pretty impressive watching another sailor turn a piece of junk into a treasure. The last few segments were especially interesting seeing the reality of cruising, no wind. I think it does a disservice showing all the howling wind sailing when being becalmed is far more common. This should prove quite interesting watching a young person pursue an adventure of this scope. She is definately off to a good start.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I have been watching this for all the episodes and am very impressed with her perseverance
and her tool handling as she works....kids got guts

Jan 6, 2010
Don't we all wish we could just toss the lines and head out???

I always head in the direction to where my bow is pointing, but when turning around back to home port............that has always saddened me somewhat.

CR

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Worked her behind off getting there too. She deserves it. Couple of her earlier videos showed her close to the end of her rope, but she did it.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

I have been watching all her you tube videos from the start.... it has been wonderful to see her progress... she has had her ups and downs in the process to get here to untie her lines and go on her big adventure... I am glad she stuck with it and followed her dream... she is an inspiration to all of us who have the dream of sailing the world or just sailing to fill our hearts with joy....

hooray for her and all she is doing

sincerely
Jess

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
All that.... and she appears to be a pretty good cook! Can't wait to see her videos of the incredible San Blas Islands....

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Don't we all wish we could just toss the lines and head out???

I always head in the direction to where my bow is pointing, but when turning around back to home port............that has always saddened me somewhat.

CR
Hoping to get over your way this fall. Plan is to leave here late August, early Sept and head eastward. Probably stay again at Maderia Beach-seems to be "on the way". Maybe Bahamas in spring

If it works out