Where do you get your Nissan/Tohatsu parts?

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
My little 5hp Nissan ran like a champ last year, and pumped water like a horse (if you get my drift…:D:D)

But I'm a suspicious type, and I know that even a hard pumping impeller may be compromised. So I want to replace it this season.

Just not sure where's a good on-line store for Nissan parts.

I guess I got spoiled by my Suzuki: Brown's Point Marine is just over in NJ, and they have everything you could need in stock and fast. Heck, I discovered them via a cruising forum from the UK! Unfortunately, they don't do Nissan/Tohatsu the way they do Suzuki :doh:

Thanks,
Brian

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
You can try Defender, they carry Tohatsu which is the same as Nissan and Mercury.

Jan 10, 2014
MacGregor 26X Fort Myers Beach, FL
I purchase Tohatsu parts from Tohatsuparts.com

Have had good results obtaining parts for a 6 hp Tohatsu engine used on my HA 18 Catboat (which is for sale) I had to rebuild the entire lower unit due to corrosion caused by electrolysis from close by boat on shore power.

I how have a Mac 26X I recently ordered a water pump kit (engine is 2001 and seller said he never replaced the water pump) I also ordered a shop manual to avoid suprises when I take it apart.

These people will answer questions and are very prompt in shipping.

Good Luck
Charlie

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I'm surprised, Tohatsu/Nissan/Mercury has a much larger dealer network than Suzuki.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Benny, I think you're right, Toho/Niss/Merc has a big dealer network. But since I'm a cheap-a$$ sailor who doesn't want to take it to a dealer (plus, I can mask the cheap part by saying I get satisfaction out of doing it myself :D:D) I guess I'd just rather find a good on-line parts place. I was quite happy to discover that Brown's Point is like THE Suzuki parts place. Since T/N/M is so much bigger, I guess they have all kinds of different parts places around!

Anybody ever deal with boats.net? I'll check Defender, I dunno why I hadn't thought of them. And I guess you can't get too much more obvious than www.tohatsuparts.com :D:D

Brian

I'm surprised, Tohatsu/Nissan/Mercury has a much larger dealer network than Suzuki.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
on my old merc, I needed the Serial number to order parts. and even then it could be different.. (check it before you install)

I would suggest contacting a Tohatsu dealer, and get the part number, then order online.

I also soak my LU in a bucket if its been sitting dry for a while.. helps lube the rubber. -the impeller on my 9.8 is only about the size of a 50cent piece.

I also carry a spare, incase.

my .02

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Got my Tohatsu from OnlineOutboards.com and they have good parts support, but www.boats.net offer exploded parts diagrams and easy ordering at a discount.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Hey, guys, I ended up ordering from boats.net. $45 for the water pump rebuild kit, $7.00 shipping. Not too bad, I was expecting about $55 for the kit. I ordered last week, apparently they shipped on Saturday, though a previous email said it would be shipping this Thursday. Maybe they meant anticipated delivery? Anyway, ground from GA to PA shouldn't take very long, so I guess I'll be gettin' the wrenches out soon, unless it gets all cold and snowy again by the end of the week...