Headliner Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2010
Hunter 426 ds Pleasant Prairie, WI
Hi Everyone,

I need to peel back some of the vinyl headliner on my Hunter 426DS, specifically to access the area behind the instruments above the companionway hatch. Anybody know how the headliner is attached? I'm hesitant to poke around too much there without some idea of what I'm doing for fear that I'll ruin it.

Thanks.

Brian

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Headliner is tucked into a u-shaped track that pinches the vinyl. Start in a corner and carefully pull at it until you get some out of the track. Once it's out just carefully pull enough out to access the area.

To tuck back in, I used a 1 1/2" plastic scraper and rounded out the corners with some sandpaper. Hold the vinyl across the track and push back in with a rocking motion. Was easy once I got the hang of it. Installed a clutch for vang on coach roof above aft cabin and installed a ST60 wind repeater above companionway

Jul 19, 2013
Hunter 33 New Orleans
Scott any pictures of the install and the finished install. Always looking for boat projects, it keeps me sane.
Jim

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Scott any pictures of the install and the finished install. Always looking for boat projects, it keeps me sane.
Jim
Dont' have any, but will be back up to the boat next weekend so could get some.
Nothing special, added another clutch beside the Outhaul, Main Sheet & Main Halyard cltches. Have to splice another line onto the vang, so will be winter project to finish.

ST60 wind was installed centre above companionway and is very common on the larger Hunters. I get a lot of wind gusts in the area we sail, and typically I sail standing up behind the helm. Saves having to look down to monitor wind speeds.

BrianH

Feb 14, 2005
Hunter 44 LaSalle, MI
I put my wind, speed and depth instruments above the companion way on my 2005 44. I didn't need to be behind the helm to see them and every one in the cockpit could see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.