YSM 20F Throttle Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
After two years of trouble free use but then after two years of inactivity, the throttle on my Yanmar has stuck. It's not the cable, that runs free. The local mech came a month ago and worked it free and it worked "OK" until this week. Any thoughts or solutions? If I have to have it torn into, so be it, but I'd like to know any ideas before I call the repair shop again.
Thanks

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
After two years of trouble free use but then after two years of inactivity, the throttle on my Yanmar has stuck. It's not the cable, that runs free. The local mech came a month ago and worked it free and it worked "OK" until this week. Any thoughts or solutions? If I have to have it torn into, so be it, but I'd like to know any ideas before I call the repair shop again.
Thanks
disconnect the throttle cable at the engine and check your throttle control and see if it is still free running as it could have locked back up ...you said the mechanic worked it free but it may have not lasted...while you have it disconnected check the throttle lever on the engine and see if you can move it by hand that will give you some idea of where the problem is ....hope this helps

regards

woody

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Yeah Woody, It's the throttle itself, not the cable. Any other ideas?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Yeah Woody, It's the throttle itself, not the cable. Any other ideas?

i was hoping that wasn't the case...i guess at this point you may as well call that mechanic and get him to give you an estimate.....i know this isn't much help but thats all i can do over the net and then again maybe not much in person ....just don't try to force it ....you may take a plastic screw driver handle and give the throttle shaft a light tap and see if it loosens it up any

regards

woody

Status
Not open for further replies.