How to clean these gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Have you tried Lysol Mold/Mildew remover or any of the other similar products (x-19, Tilex, etc)

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 49 Mystic CT
Have you tried Lysol Mold/Mildew remover or any of the other similar products (x-19, Tilex, etc)
Although I have not tried Those products, i have tried other bleach based products like these with no effect. I'm pretty sure the material is silicone so but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Although I have not tried Those products, i have tried other bleach based products like these with no effect. I'm pretty sure the material is silicone so but I'm not sure.
Tilex mold and mildew remover should be able to remove that.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 49 Mystic CT
I've used simple green, no joy. I'll give telex and the magic eraser a try. Thanks

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Brezzin, That algecide I noted is not bleech based.. I tried bleech on a lot of moldy stuff and found that in many cases, it just won't do the job.. I have a pool in the backyard, so I had some of this around.. I spritzed some in a particularly black spotted locker that bleech would not help.. This stuff certainly did the trick.. It is basically the same stuff that the professional folks use .. those who de-mold (dis-mold? Un-mold?) a house after a flood..

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 49 Mystic CT
Brezzin, That algecide I noted is not bleech based.. I tried bleech on a lot of moldy stuff and found that in many cases, it just won't do the job.. I have a pool in the backyard, so I had some of this around.. I spritzed some in a particularly black spotted locker that bleech would not help.. This stuff certainly did the trick.. It is basically the same stuff that the professional folks use .. those who de-mold (dis-mold? Un-mold?) a house after a flood..
Great. I'll give it a try. I'll let you know the results

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
Try wd-40 its good for tar and lots of nasty dirt..Red

Status
Not open for further replies.